Kingdom Hearts TCG» Forums » Variants

Subject: Kingdom Hearts Board Game/Lite RPG based on Card Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Weismann
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
Hey, I just grabbed a collection of cards for the Kingdom Hearts Collectible Card Game, basically with the intention of modifying it for several new avenues of play and adding custom printables to enhance the gaming experience.

Here is an overview of what I have planned;

Stage 1: Create a set of rules for Cooperative Play

Essentially, this would play out much like such popular cooperative games as Arkham Horror or Forbidden Island, with the players cooperating together to lock enough worlds to win while preventing the Heartless from destroying enough worlds to cause the players to automatically lose.

Worlds and Enemies would be placed in seperate decks. Whenever a player explored, they would draw a world and place it on the table to form a grid of worlds to be locked. During their turns, players would draw and place Enemy cards. Too many enemies would cause worlds to fall to the Heartless. I don't have the specific mechanics yet, but it will just be a matter of playtesting to iron out the rules and determine optional levels of difficulty and optional rules.

Stage 2: Create printable Character Sheets

These would be printable Character Sheets that would essentially act as both a Player Card and Game Mat for players. They would probably be word docs, so they could easily be altered, and would be printable on standard 8.5x11 paper. They could be glued to a cardboard backing to make them sturdier, or be printed and used disposably.

This would allow the creation of additional player characters for virtually any KH/FF/Disney character.

Stage 3: Create rules for RPG-lite play, along with printable modular tiles and tokens

This would allow for the game to be played, using the above character sheets and cooperative rules, as a modular boardgame such as the D&D Adventure series boardgames or Betrayal at House on the Hill, without the need for a Game Master OR even be played as a lite RPG with a Game Master controlling the story.

There are a number of ways in which this could be developed, from larger, more detailed World tiles to 1x1 scale tile dungeons, using existing or new printables.

Anyway, this is something I plan to do in stages myself, but if anyone would be interested in collaborating, I would enjoy the help. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interesting idea, I would certainly be interested in this! I have a collection of these cards due to being a big Kingdom Hearts fan, but never really had the desire to play the game as I normally prefer boardgames to card games.

Shame there aren't any KH miniatures (that I know of) that could be used for this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.