Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played around with Photoshop a bit today...

- wanted to keep the simplicity of the original layout
- added the mood text to connect better to the theme
- added icons (circle, square) that could also be used as the nodes on the board (and also for our colorblind friends).

Just fooling around here and wanted to share...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
Spin Termite
badge
When I'm not looking, my games play each other!
mbmbmbmbmb
The icons are pretty clever. Nice job.

I don't know if you want the icons on the bottom and the top of each card. That way it's easier to see of you are sitting across the table looking at your opponents hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seith Vardalon
Malta
flag msg tools
Nice job dude! Definitely gives us ideas for the redesign We want to incorporate icons into the colours too to overcome colour blindness and basic shapes like squares and triangles were my original idea but Rahdo suggested a snowflake and now i want to work that in too!

Yan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

How it could possibly look like with the original art

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilherme Duque
Brazil
Vitória
ES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A triangle would make a great symbol for anger, resembling the characteristic sharp edge of most combat tools.. swords, spears etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chircop
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
or Maybe a FIST

BOOM.. sorry.. getting ahead of myself
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
davechi wrote:
or maybe a FIST

LOL, that's exactly the note I wrote down half an hour ago :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Malaiser wrote:

I don't know if you want the icons on the bottom and the top of each card. That way it's easier to see of you are sitting across the table looking at your opponents hand.

I like it much better with only having the icons on the top. This helps maintain card orientation. However, I may be biased because I don't mind looking at upside down cards or text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Sydik
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lankyb wrote:
Malaiser wrote:

I like it much better with only having the icons on the top. This helps maintain card orientation. However, I may be biased because I don't mind looking at upside down cards or text.

Watching Rahdo's video, I think that having the icons top only would help prevent mixing up the card orientation (I haven't had a chance to play through myself, but I assume that the balance could get pretty wonky if too many cards got flipped)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davechi wrote:

How it could possibly look like with the original art

+1 thumbsup

Definitely love the minimalist, clean look of the original art. I would hate to see it change much, though the shapes above each color bar to assist with orientation and color distinction (for color-blind gamers) would be just fine.

When this game gets published, oh how I hope they don't mess too much with a good thing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Limi Slime
msg tools
Dave's design suits the abstract part of the game better.
But Lines' design is much more elegant and suits the relationship theme better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Limilicious wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily true. Lines' design resembles a Hispanic soap opera title screen, 90s Harlequin novel cover, low budget New Age CD slipcase, or religious bookmark. It's a labor of love, but I don't think it's exactly what the designers are going for with this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Limi Slime
msg tools
Smottz wrote:
Limilicious wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily true. Lines' design resembles a Hispanic soap opera title screen, 90s Harlequin novel cover, low budget New Age CD slipcase, or religious bookmark. It's a labor of love, but I don't think it's exactly what the designers are going for with this game.

That could be true. I am inclined to agree that is true. But that doesn't change my opinion on the matter though, lol. If I got the spare money, I would probably purchase both copies as I find both attracts me differently. But if I were to play the game, I would most definitely play with Lines' design more as I feel a stronger emotional connection with more complex and less abstract design. It gives me a little push to roleplay a bit more.

There's an elegance in the simplicity in Dave's design. It reflects the "abstract" part of the game. But it doesn't reflect the relationship and emotion part as much, for me at least.

As for what the designers are going for with this game, that actually really puzzles me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smottz wrote:

I don't think that's necessarily true. Lines' design resembles a Hispanic soap opera title screen, 90s Harlequin novel cover, low budget New Age CD slipcase, or religious bookmark.

Ouch.
Now I'm happy I didn't post later versions of that design

(...the smilies say: no, I don't feel insulted . Laughed about the list of clishees you put together)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha! Sorry, Lines! I didn't mean to be offensive. It's hard to offer an evaluation of something in terms that help others see what you're seeing without coming across as rude or overly-critical. Please forgive me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smottz wrote:
Haha! Sorry, Lines! I didn't mean to be offensive. It's hard to offer an evaluation of something in terms that help others see what you're seeing without coming across as rude or overly-critical. Please forgive me!

No problem.
I´m a big boy.
I can take it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.