Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RoyalRook
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be my first con ever, I will be there on Friday.
Here is the schedule link:
http://www.prezcon.com/schedule/schedule.aspx

How should I prepare myself, which game should I try, and what are some dos and donts for an event like this? Finally, who else is coming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been there in a while, but it is a great convention. As for advice:

If you are playing a scheduled game, show up a little early with a copy if you have one. Attend some demos for games you are interested in. Don't be put off from playing in a tournament if you don't think you are an expert at the game - the GMs are glad to have the participants. If you win a game, but won't make the next round, it is polite to let the GM know so he won't wait for you.

In open gaming, don't be shy about asking if people setting up a game need another player (they often do), but don't be offended if they are waiting for a friend or want to play with a specific number. Ask if they are OK with teaching if you don't know the game, and if you have any time constraints, let them know before you start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
royalrook2013 wrote:
This will be my first con ever, I will be there on Friday.
Here is the schedule link:
http://www.prezcon.com/schedule/schedule.aspx

How should I prepare myself, which game should I try, and what are some dos and donts for an event like this? Finally, who else is coming?

It's a great mid-sized convention, and very well run thanks to Jason Thompson and his experienced team.

Based on my 6 years of PrezCon experience and as Rich suggested, it pays to bring a copy of each game you intend to compete in (If you have a copy). The number of entrants in the Swiss-Elimination rounds are generally only limted by the number of copies of the game present, and those who bring their copies are guaranteed entry.

Show up on time for games. They often set up and begin play quickly, so check the start times and be a few minutes early.

If you're staying at the Doubletree and you find a parking space, drop anchor there and don't leave it until you're ready to go home (unless you're compelled to eat elsewhere). Parking close to the hotel can be a challenge, especially on the weekends.

Most of all, have fun and make new friends. If you become a PrezCon regular, you'll see many of the same faces year after year.

My wife and I will be going down to PrezCon Wednesday evening. Maybe we'll see you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.