Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
5 players: RICK, Joe, Dan, Jeff, Jy
Avg enjoyment rating: 6.60

I finally showed up as they were setting up Nur Peanuts! and happily jumped right in. The instructions made the game sound convoluted and pretentious, but the game was actually really simple to play. I totally misunderstood how gameplay would work out and managed to go all the way around the board in the first round, spending a lot of cash in the process. I had no idea what money was worth in this game, and it showed. My bad playing in the first round cost me any chance at the game. Jow seemed to have a lot of the luck early on, hitting the 2400 space with great frequency, but he had a couple times where he paid to keep going and going. Plus, Joe spent a lot of money securing extra properties which bit into his bankroll. Rick was a steady earner, getting second place frequently, and not spending cash, and that ultimately proved to be the winning strategy when I ran out of money fairly early on, thus ending the game. Joe might've came back as people landed on his properties, but now we'll never know!

Scores: RICK 65, Jeff 52, Dan 43, Joe 36, Jy 0

Ratings: Rick 8, Jeff 6, Dan 7, Joe 6, Jy 6

Rick liked it but no one else was really enthusiastic about it. I have to say that I see a lot of potential for this game, but had to give it a 6 because of the artwork. I know that sounds juvenile, but I literally can not look at the board for long periods of time. When it wasn't my turn, I pretty much had to stare into the other room because the board art was giving me a headache. It didn't bother anyone else to the extent it did me however, tho everyone pretty much agreed the game art was rather garish. Art sensitive people beware! Funny thing is, I look forward to the next time we play this -- I'll just have to wear sunglasses or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.