Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Post
United States
Covington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://en.libellud.com/games/seasons-path-of-destiny

Under downloads, you can see the rules. So what does everyone think of the new cards? Any favorites? Least favorites?

My personal opinion is that I like the ingenuity in this crop. A lot of the cards are extremely unique and I think they will add to the game. However, I don't like the lack of big crystal cards. 14 is the highest, and then alot of 12. I wouldn't have minded a 17-23 prestige power card as that range is entirely unrepresented in Seasons.

My favorite based on just description: Twist of Fate. I think it is so different in that it affects the draft, and it is great in that it is the perfect balance of would I rather see two new cards over taking one of these?

Most likely to avoid: Otus the Oracle. I am not a huge fan of familiars that let other's feed off your cards (Naria, Argos, Amsug)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
badge
Thank you, to whoever gifted me the Geek Citizenship Recognition badge! You're a pretty cool person, anonymous BGGer!
mbmbmbmbmb
NICE! Thanks for posting this. Some REALLY awesome cards in there. I really like them all. Some ones that will really change up the draft, some ones that will help counter some of the real powerful existing cards, some new tricks, etc. Looks like a fantastic little set.

Hard to pick a single favorite, but I really like: Twist of Fate, Staff of Winter, Eolis's Replicator, Urmian Psychic Cage, Argosian Tangleweed, Io's Minion, Otus the Oracle, Crafty Nightshade, and on and on.

If you forced me to choose just one I guess I'd say the Tangleweed. I foresee that being a quickly-drafted card for a LONG-while.

I really LOVE some of the Enchantment cards as well, with probably Arus's Cunning Schemes being my favorite.

And did you see the new board game coming in this same universe 'Lords of Xidit' previewed at the back of the rulebook? AWESOME!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atnier Rodriguez
United States
Monroe
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
not much info about Lords of Xidit yet, huh?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Thank you, to whoever gifted me the Geek Citizenship Recognition badge! You're a pretty cool person, anonymous BGGer!
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:

No, sadly. I tried looking it up here and there's not even a BGG page for it yet. Looks cool though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
okami31 wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/170304/item/3103523?co...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman S.
United States
South San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ethiel's Fountain the card references the end of the round, but the text beside it references season changes. Is it supposed to activate at the end of a round or a season? If it's a round, why reference the season?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiff wrote:
Ethiel's Fountain the card references the end of the round, but the text beside it references season changes. Is it supposed to activate at the end of a round or a season? If it's a round, why reference the season?

I'd guess that the card is correct and that they just mis-wrote the clarification beside it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.