Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
My main gaming partner is my girlfriend and we seem to have similar tastes to take a look at my collection, here are some I think you'd enjoy:

Yedo
Android: Infiltration
Cyclades
Kemet
Ninjato
Terror in Meeple City
Seasons
Takenoko
Elder Sign
Ghost Stories
Nexus Ops
Eldritch Horror
Escape: The Curse of the Temple
Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game
Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious about Seasons and Last Night on Earth. How is it playing them?
Between Elder Sign and Eldritch Horror I prefer Eldritch Horror (Elder Sign looks simpler) but I also heard the Arkham Horror games can be difficult. How is Eldritch Horror?[/q]

Last night is amazing, one of my girlfriends favorites. It is such a flexible thematic system. Endless fun, tons of scenarios and expansions. Seasons is brilliant as well, a must have. Avoid Arkham like the plague. Eldritch is 100 times better, it's like pandemic meets agents of smersh (another good one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend Thebes but it looks like it's between prints right now. Some others you might consider:

Defenders of the Realm: similar to Pandemic, but with a fantasy theme
Legends of Andor: fantasy RPG co-op
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game: superhero deckbuilder; can be played competitively or as a co-op

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Lester
United States
SANTA MONICA
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple good multiplayer games that play well with two:

Keyflower my current favorite

London (first edition) (using the variant found in the forums here) this is from the same designer as A FEW ACRES OF SNOW

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As you said you only like the first part of Galaxy trucker, you may try Mondo, which is basically that part of of GT, only taht you buidl islands with animals on them instead of a space ship. Afterwards you directly count your points.

As you love Dominion, you probably will also love Thunderstone Advance: Towers of Ruin which has teh same deckbuilding system, but adds more theme and other interesting stuff to the game.

Then there's 2 pure 2p-games which I can recommend: Antike Duellum is a civ game with some warfare. Great game with not too complex rules but a lot of depth. You shoul be on the same level, though, as there is only a small luck factor.

Targi
is a small and very nice 2p-game about collecting and trading goods and gathering tribes, which is one step deeper than Jaipur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe M
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
I wear my Halloween costume all year round!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you enjoy Pandemic, you might also like Flash Point—another cooperative game, but with a completely different theme. My fiancé and I have played this one 43 times so far this year

I second the recommendation for Seasons, another one that my fiancé and I have played a lot.

And finally, I think Innovation is a great two-player game. It's possible that my fiancé and I have played that one even more than Flash Point, though unfortunately I wasn't keeping track at the time.

I hope you'll let us know what games you ultimately decide on and how you like them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Start watching this:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/140177/rahdo-runs-thro...

You'll get a sense of the gameplay (instead of just a recommendation) and the emphasis will be on two-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.