Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Zooloretto Dice. $12.87. Free shipping with Prime rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Zooloretto Dice is on Amazon at $12.87. Free shipping if you have Prime. Not a door buster, but it's dirt cheap if you can get the free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRUIK1C/ref=oh_details_o...

The seller is oddly enough Cool Stuff which is currently selling it for $13.49.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/188440
9 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:


The seller is oddly enough Cool Stuff which is currently selling it for $13.49.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/188440



I, for one, am appalled at CSI for their price gouging decreasing on Amazon and will never shop with them again!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
travvller wrote:


The seller is oddly enough Cool Stuff which is currently selling it for $13.49.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/188440



I, for one, am appalled at CSI for their price gouging decreasing on Amazon and will never shop with them again!


Yes. I was so outraged I bought a copy. whistle
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
KingD21 wrote:
travvller wrote:


The seller is oddly enough Cool Stuff which is currently selling it for $13.49.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/188440



I, for one, am appalled at CSI for their price gouging decreasing on Amazon and will never shop with them again!


Yes. I was so outraged I bought a copy. whistle


To help deplete their stock so no one else has to deal with them! Wonderful strategy!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Giant
United States
Douglas
Alaska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working to shut down CSI too, bought my copy. They'll be out of stock in no time. Way to go revolutionaries!

I also picked up the new Love Letter:
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Letter-Legend-Five-Rings/dp/B00I4...

and the classic No Thanks:
http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-ZMG-4031-Thanks/dp/B000TQ4...

Both for very reasonable prices. Now if only I could find a good deal on For Sale.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Van Peursem
Tanzania
Spring Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin, Karen, Acacia, and Janek
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Game on!
badge
45 Jack-o'-dapter!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, joined the revolution! Zooloretto Dice is on its way (and CSI is on its way down).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T.J. Cummings
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a game that adults can enjoy (without kids)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dunkle
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbed one too, thanks for the heads-up.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Van Peursem
Tanzania
Spring Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor 12:9
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vintageVerb wrote:
Is this a game that adults can enjoy (without kids)?


Yep, very much so!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. M.
United States
San Antonio
TX
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! My wife and I are usually big fans of dice rolling fillers
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In for one!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lee
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, good chance to teach my daughters zooloretta light before graduating her to the full game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Up to $15.31.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today shipped in a padded envelope. Unsurprisingly one corner is slightly crushed and the outer box is torn under the shrink wrap.

It wasn't sold by Amazon, so I either have to keep it or send it back for a refund. No replacement. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
Mine arrived today shipped in a padded envelope. Unsurprisingly one corner is slightly crushed and the outer box is torn under the shrink wrap.

It wasn't sold by Amazon, so I either have to keep it or send it back for a refund. No replacement. soblue


The item wasn't sold by Amazon, but it was shipped by them.

That actually doesn't matter, but I don't understand why you'd say there's automatically no replacement.

All Amazon orders have the same guarantee no matter who sells them. In this case there's a strong chance you can get another copy - shipped from Amazon - at their expense or you get to keep the game and get some or all of your money back. Neither Coolstuff nor Amazon want a damaged game sent back. At minimum you'll get a partial refund. If it's not possible for them to ship another copy they should issue you a full refund. Send a message and let them know what happened.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
travvller wrote:
....If it's not possible for them to ship another copy they should issue you a full refund....


I don't know what the actual policy is, but this portion sounds crazy to me. Nobody needs to get a game for free because of a dinged corner. If a company wants to do such a thing to keep their customers happy, more power to them, but I don't think that's a realistic entitlement. (Unless you meant to send the game back, in which case disregard this )
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V Dickson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
$17.08 now. Too slow...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes108 wrote:
travvller wrote:
....If it's not possible for them to ship another copy they should issue you a full refund....


I don't know what the actual policy is, but this portion sounds crazy to me. Nobody needs to get a game for free because of a dinged corner. If a company wants to do such a thing to keep their customers happy, more power to them, but I don't think that's a realistic entitlement. (Unless you meant to send the game back, in which case disregard this )


I wasn't talking about my personal views on what is or is not deserved. I was talking about how Amazon and 3rd party sellers act or are supposed to act according to Amazon's rules. The buyer in this situation is, at minimum, looking at a partial refund. I can't imagine any seller wanting to pay for a small damaged game to be shipped back.

Amazon's rules on this are quite strict. All buyers are entitled to the item they ordered and in the condition stated. In this case, brand new. Coolstuff could offer a partial refund and that would be the end of it. But in reality, I believe the customer is entitled, according to Amazon rules, to a either a new game sent to them or a full refund with return of the item at the discretion of the seller. Since returning this game would be a waste of money to Coolstuff I'm assuming that a full refund could be had in this situation.

Amazon's rules are very customer centered, much to the detriment of 3rd party sellers. The OP was saying they were stuck in this situation. I just wanted them to know that they weren't. They can pursue this as they wish.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frankovich
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
travvller wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
It wasn't sold by Amazon, so I either have to keep it or send it back for a refund. No replacement. soblue


That actually doesn't matter, but I don't understand why you'd say there's automatically no replacement.


As far as I can recall, the policy for 3rd party items is you can only receive a refund (and usually have ship back the item) but never a replacement. At least, that's what I remember from my discussions with Customer Service in the past when I've received damaged 3P items.

edit: This still gives the OP a choice of not having to end up with a damaged item, but he would lose out on the sale price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mfrankov wrote:
travvller wrote:
Misterboy wrote:
It wasn't sold by Amazon, so I either have to keep it or send it back for a refund. No replacement. soblue


That actually doesn't matter, but I don't understand why you'd say there's automatically no replacement.


As far as I can recall, the policy for 3rd party items is you can only receive a refund (and usually have ship back the item) but never a replacement. At least, that's what I remember from my discussions with Customer Service in the past when I've received damaged 3P items.

edit: This still gives the OP a choice of not having to end up with a damaged item, but he would lose out on the sale price.


The only reason sending a replacement might not be possible would be if the seller doesn't have one to send. If they don't have one to send then no replacement. Amazon never tells 3rd party sellers to not go beyond their standards. If Coolstuff has another to send it's up to them if they want to send it or not. Amazon would never tell a 3rd party seller to not send a replacement if they had one and that's how they want to handle the claim.

Returning the item for a refund is the least likely outcome in this situation. It would be nonsensical for them to ask for this game back - they'd lose money. In order of likelihood:

1. Partial refund and keeping the game
2. Full refund and keeping the game
3. They send another copy and the OP keeps the damaged game
4. They send another copy and the OP sends the game back at Amazon's expense. (I say Amazon's expense because this was shipped by Amazon even though they weren't the seller)

Three and four would be Coolstuff bending over backwards. One is likely, but the buyer doesn't have to accept that offer. Two is the minimum Amazon standard. The game didn't arrive in the condition stated? Bam, full refund. Sure, they could ask that the game be returned, but why do that what it's a cheap game and would be a waste of money to pay to get shipped back?

Amazon views these things in B&W. If an item doesn't arrive in stated condition it's a guaranteed full refund if the buyer pursues the matter. A truly fair offer that is less than Amazon's standards can and probably should be accepted by a buyer. But if a customer isn't satisfied, they can demand and receive the full refund. How that refund is processed will depend on how cheap the item is (cheaper items aren't worth shipping back), whether or not a replacement can be sent, whether or not a seller wants to send a replacement instead of just issue the full refund, and how compliant the seller is with Amazon's rules. A seller that refuses a full refund on a damaged item can have the refund forced on them through an A-Z claim. In those cases the customer automatically gets option 2, full refund and keep the item.

In sum, Amazon customers have quite a bit of leeway. Amazon has rules in place to protect them. A good buyer won't take advantage. But a dishonest one can easily get free stuff, unfortunately.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C.
United States
Milford
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Because I served, I will resist
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just remembered that this was FBA - fulfillment by Amazon. Amazon is supposed to handle all the customer service details. Given Amazon's bureaucracy I suppose they could issue a refund upon return of the item at their expense, but it would be stupid for them to do that without first at least offering a partial refund and allowing the buyer to keep the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lots of speculation about my post. Let me be clear:

I have two options:

d10-1 Keep the damaged game.

d10-2 Send it back, and when Amazon receives it, they'll give me a full refund.

The option to receive a replacement is not available. The "why" hypertext explains that they can't issue a replacement because it was a 3rd party seller. I don't remember, but I assume this item was NOT "fulfilled by Amazon".

I had not considered contacting Amazon outside of their refund/replacement wizard to see if they would offer a partial refund while I keep the item. I might look into that, but honestly, this game is only a few cents more for CSI's regular price.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Lee
United States
The Woodlands
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy, no problem with mine. However, I agree that Amazon should be able to provide you a refund at the least.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Pony
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived the other day, also in a padded envelope. With a tear in it. Fortunately for me the game inside was undamaged. But shipping this in a padded envelope is a bad idea.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.