mbmbmbmbmb
Personal Experience with the game:
5 games

Bias based on winning:
3 wins

Bias based on owning:
None

How I found out about the game:
Sat down at 2013 GenCon and instantly bought after a game with the designer. These were con copies.

Brief back story
Clans fighting over Japan.

1000 meter view:
This is a drafting, tactical playing, and betting game where the goal is to get the most points for protecting or assassinating different bosses. There are a series of drafting rounds forward and then reverse where 2X cards are placed visibly on the table where X is the number of players. The cards can be guards, assassins, weapons, and other special characters. Guards and assassins have a strength. Onve each player completes drafting a hand, the bosses are laid out. Each boss is worth so many points for defending and assassinating. Next, players place down hidden bets on whom they will be attempting to protect/assassinate. Once all bets are in, players play one card face down on a stack relative to a boss if they are people. The stack is relevant since the cards will be played out in reverse order. Weapons are played to the left and right (faceup) of the boss and will be equipped by people as they appear (some weapons can go unused). Once everyone has played all their cards, each boss is resolved as alive or dead. Then all bets are resolved and points are awarded. Game repeats this process 3 times and person with the most points wins.

Liked:
- Really liked this prototype game (like to draft, like to bet, like tactics)...
- Artwork is unique.

Didn't Like:
- Icons need to be cleaned up with artwork for full release.
- People I've played with don't seem to like it as much as I do.

What did I learn about playing well:
I like the cards that give you random extra cards. Allows you to do things after other people run out of cards to play.

Rating:
On BGG I gave it 9/10.

Real Verdict:
I argue with my wife that a ten rating scale is irrelevant for restaurants. I either won't go back, will go back, or want to go back.
Want to go back ninja

Peter out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like Say Bye to the Villains (Coop) or Cheaty Mages (Confront), a bit... thanks for the review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jürgen Mayer
Germany
Nuremberg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review!

Quote:
Icons need to be cleaned up with artwork for full release.

Here's a sneak peak at the revised card icons:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic artwork, any news of a release schedule, or print and play cards & rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jury
msg tools
designer
mb
Robin, Shinobi Clans will be available this summer.

No formal plans for a print-and-play version yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.