Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer» Forums » General

Subject: Is the AI too easy on a larger VP total game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Synowiec
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I downloaded this a few weeks ago and play against the AI a couple of times a day. I usually do pretty well but have been handed a couple of defeats and an odd amount of ties. I just always felt the game ends too quickly. Usually depending on what cards come into the center it takes 17-19 rounds.

I recently noticed that you can up the amount of the VP pool on the game set up screen (I usually just would run through tapping to get into the game). I maxed it out just for a longer game (or hoping for a game of roughly double the length) and found that the game is vastly easier for some reason, partly just due to I can get a better engine going and see quite a bit more of the center deck. Also I'm surprised that it only ups the amount of rounds to 25ish, but was surprised at how much easier the AI became when I just lengthened the game. Am I right that the AI is easier with the higher vp total/game length?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the AI is just more successful at short term strategies. Thus the longer you play, the better your chances of beating it.

Honestly, the AI is pretty bad. It is very wasteful most of the time, destroying constructs or fanatics for no reason except that it can. Even so, occasionally it will win simply because there is such a high luck of the draw element to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.