Smash Up: Awesome Level 9000» Forums » Rules

Subject: actions with talents.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Tamayo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how to interpret those kind of cards like "Zeppelin" on steam punks..

Talents: This is an ability that the minion or ACTION may use once
during each of your turns
, sort of like an extra action. You don’t have
to use it if you don’t want to.

Zeppelin: Play on a base. Talent: Move one minion from another base to here or from here to another base.

1. Actions with talents have to stay on a base where it played.

or

2. After the end of the turn it will be discarded like any other actions without ONGOING abilities and the ability of the card goes away.

or

3. It will be discarded, but the ability will stay there as long as the base is in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's 1.
If it was a one time use, the Talent would be unnecessary. Then it would say something like: Move a minion from a base to another base. A Talent can be used once per turn, so it should stay.
As for 3. Why would the ability stay, but not the card? It would surely be forgotten. At least in my group. It's all ready much to keep track on. The ability stays, as long as the card is in play or some card disables it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Tan
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eiriken wrote:
It's 1.
If it was a one time use, the Talent would be unnecessary. Then it would say something like: Move a minion from a base to another base. A Talent can be used once per turn, so it should stay.
As for 3. Why would the ability stay, but not the card? It would surely be forgotten. At least in my group. It's all ready much to keep track on. The ability stays, as long as the card is in play or some card disables it.

Agreed. There seems to be some inconsistency between the use of ongoing and talent, but until a clarification comes along, assume all action cards with talent also have ongoing, and thus remain attached to the base/minion/action in question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards that say "play on a base" (or a minion) stay on that base or minion until some card effect causes them to leave.

"Talent" on such actions are a shorthand for "Ongoing: If you played this card and it is your turn, then once per turn as an extra action you can do this."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tamayo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Cards that say "play on a base" (or a minion) stay on that base or minion until some card effect causes them to leave.

Really? Can someone address to me that this is true to all of your play sessions? Is there any comments from the developers? What about the "Altar to Cthulhu" and " Complete the Ritual", what about "In plain Sight"?

Because rule book says: To play an action, show your card and do what it says. Boom! Then discard the action (unless it has an Ongoing ability).

Some cards have "play on a base" and has Ongoing ability, so are you saying this cards don't need to have the word "Ongoing" on them? Why would the developers go on to such effort of putting that word in every card that has it?

Please clear it to me.. cause if this is some sort of errata on a card or they totally forgot the word "Ongoing", I will not buy the next incoming expansions.. I think 3 errors is enough for me to stop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right, of course. Serves me right for answering when I am distracted; I entirely misstated myself.

Actions with Talents stay on a base or minion just like actions with Ongoing do.

I cannot answer for the actions in the Cthulhu expansion since I was not involved in that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Tamayo
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
You're right, of course. Serves me right for answering when I am distracted; I entirely misstated myself.

Actions with Talents stay on a base or minion just like actions with Ongoing do.

I cannot answer for the actions in the Cthulhu expansion since I was not involved in that one.

Thanks Edward for honest reply, I know you're the Editor of the upcoming expansion.. Does AEG plans to update their FAQS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.