Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Ignacy Trzewiczek--Robinson Crusoe or Stonghold? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MD Slope
msg tools
Which is the richer experience for two players?

Yes, I know one is Co-op and the other is PvP and thus, might be hard to rate. We can easily play either as we both love co-ops and pvp games. I am just wondering which, in your opinion, was a richer experience for two players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The targeting system in Stronghold may be a bit confusing for some, which is also the reason I didn't buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold is... convoluted, at best. It's an interesting game once you've worked out all of the kinks in it, but I'd go with Robinson Crusoe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Wilbur
United States
Hanford
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robinson Crusoe +1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Rudolph
Canada
Langdon
Alberta
flag msg tools
GIR, quickly, ride the pig!
badge
Yaaaaaay! I don't know what you just said!
mbmbmbmbmb
My fiancee and I find Robinson Crusoe to be a much more enjoyable experience. She absolutely hated Stronghold while I just didn't like it. It felt really cumbersome and tiring; neither one of us had fun when we played it. We played it twice and had more fun putting the game away than we did actually playing it. Crusoe, on the other hand, is something we both quite enjoy. It can really kick you when you're down depending on how the cards come out but there are always some interesting choices to be made each turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Hayden
United States
Amelia
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stronghold is a really good game, but the rulebook is terrible. I have never played Robinson.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MD Slope
msg tools
4 in a row for Crusoe. Thanks for the quick replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
포크
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Stronghold, but Robinson Crusoe is a superb Co-op with a very good skill-/luck balance, wich keeps it intersting for a long time. If you like Co-ops and find the theme appealing, you can't go wrong with it imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Lloyd
United States
North Reading
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played Stronghold, but RC is definitely worthwhile. The rulebook is pretty good, but also check out the resources on the Z-Man RC page. The Quick Start Guide was especially helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.