Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
With all that is going on in the Ukraine it seems like the nightmare scenario of 1983 is starting to happen with cultural Russians starting to assert control in Crimea. This was one of the issues asserted that almost brought us to the brink of Nuclear annihilation, and now the beast has risen its head once again. Worrisome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but not all of us had thought Reagan had in fact one. He did not end the threat, just changed how the threat was governed (or to be more precise changed what they call themselves).

In fact all this does is prove just how hollow the claims of Reagan's victory (given the price the US has paid since) are.

The worrying thing is that in the cold war there was a degree of stability that is now lacking. It is the potential for one loony with a pistil that makes war more likely, not one loony with a nuclear arsenal.

When I look at the Ukrainian I see Serbia in 1914, the same spit in their eye nationalism. The same drift to wards nations involving themselves in a situation they do not really understand (or have anything to gain by).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
We need more S in RSP, so:

Not as dangerous as the US or Russian nuclear arsenals, but I wouldn't want a loony to hit me with one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1981
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.