1 game on cardboard, 5+ on board game arena

Bias based on winning:
0 wins

Bias based on owning:
None

How I found out about the game:
Randomly played online and liked.

Brief back story
As an elf, apparently, tourism is a goal for each and every elf.

1000 meter view:
In this game, your goal is to visit as many places in Elfenland. At the beginning of the game, everyone starts at the Capitol. Each player is dealt a secret end point, which players want to end the game at (or end as close as possible). Each round players are dealt some travel cards that allow an elf to move along paths at different costs. Next, players draft tiles that can be played on paths. These tiles on paths and the terrain determine how many cards need to be played to move along the path. Once drafting is done tiles are played to the map in turn order. Finally, each player plays cards to travel to cities. The goal being to visit each city once and end in your secret city.

Liked:
- As a route planning game, I really enjoy it. The challenge is to flexibly adjust your paths based on other peoples impact on the board.

Didn't Like:
- The game can be played to block opponents or to focus on your progress. The blocking method is really frowned upon in the online games. Because of this the games seem really close and tend to be solitaire.

What did I learn about playing well:
I'm not good at this game.

Rating:
On BGG I gave it 7.5/10.

Real Verdict:
I argue with my wife that a ten rating scale is irrelevant for restaurants. I either won't go back, will go back, or want to go back.
Want to go back

Peter out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.