United States
Wabash
IN
flag msg tools
Hit 'em high.
badge
Hit 'em low.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, I was just wondering if there had been an update as to when this might be shipping out. The only internetz I get is at work, and the Plaid Hat site is blocked (and yet I can come here sans issue...go figure).

I haven't seen any news on this site, so I was curious as to what is happening. Should I still be expecting it to arrive mid April?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No date at all is mentioned on the site, it just says the game is being manufactured and could take between 2-5 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P C
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For context, that 2-5 month indication has been there since early December, which would give a window through early May, unless something changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
All I know is I got to play it on Tuesday. We all died. It was Glorious.devil

BTW, Never trust Isaac. He betrayed us all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colby (in other words, Plaid Hat Games guy) himself said that the release will most likely be in April. But I have my doubts.

Zombie 15' - a Kickstarter by Iello - will be released in May and already has posted pictures of actual manufactured game in a near-complete shape and form. Keep in mind that there are no actual physical pictures of Dead of Winter at all, so prediction is a little more difficult. Or is it?

The only thing I can go on is to look at Plaid Hat Games' history! Their game Mice and Mystics was also covered by a lot of previews. The first unboxing video of Mice and Mystics - that showed the actual product and was done by Colby himself - came on 7th of August, 2012. Plaid Hat started shipping manufactured copies to pre-orders on 22nd of October, 2012. So it took more than two months from unboxing and actual photos until preorders were shipped.

Taking this information into account, it takes at least two months from first actual physical video or pictures of the finished product until pre-orders are shipped. Tomorrow is March and we haven't seen any unboxing videos or otherwise of the finished product. This means that if such video or pictures appear tomorrow, no pre-orders will be shipped before May.

And the longer it takes to see actual physical product pictures and videos, the longer it takes for pre-orders to ship. So pre-order shipping may extend even to June, but I hope we'll still hit May.

So this is why I'm skeptical about Colby's April estimate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
r0t1 prata
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuffInc has an April/May estimate, though I'm not really sure if they were accurate on their previous estimates. Anyone can shed some light? Would love to get this just like everyone else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
r0t1prata wrote:
CoolStuffInc has an April/May estimate, though I'm not really sure if they were accurate on their previous estimates. Anyone can shed some light? Would love to get this just like everyone else.

You'll get it as quick as anyone else not named Colby or Isaac by placing the pre-order at Plaid Hat Games website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really starting to look forward to this. Hoping it is as good as I hope. It did really look like a lot of effort was put into this (which is essensial in this kind of game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg R.
United States
Indian Trail
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeximusMaximus wrote:
We all died. It was Glorious.devil VALHALLA!!

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
TurquoiseKnight wrote:
LeximusMaximus wrote:
We all died. It was Glorious.devil VALHALLA!!

FTFY

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Plaid Hat doesn't give specific dates for releases, since there are so many things outside their control.

If you want the game soon preorder. I preordered the mice and mystics expansion and I got it almost two months before people that ordered online.

Not sure if it will be the same again, but that is what happened to my last preorder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Theriault
United States
Weare
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them about this a few days ago and got this response:

"If everything goes smoothly we expect it to be shipped out sometime in late April. If something unexpected happens like a manufacturing mistake or a customs delay, you can expect it in May. Sorry we can't be more specific. It will be worth the wait thought William I promise! "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bill.

The anticipation is killing me. Your effort has given me reason to hope for a shiny new game sitting on the doorstep in about 6 weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct to hope that we should be getting it any day now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Fleming
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can hope, but it's not going to happen. I'd guess the earliest you'll see it is mid-June and at this point I think even that's a stretch as they haven't even updated the store to say that it's done printing and on a boat. It will take at least a month once it's on a boat and there's a decent chance that customs will delay it further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Carter
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last update on PHG says that they expect production to be wrapped up end of April with 40 days of transit.

So add 6 weeks from when they say production finished, and that's the very earliest it'll arrive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.