Eamon Bloomfield
Germany
23569 Lübeck
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let us say that you have one man who lets you take another man up to 3 in value. In Phase B you use him to take another man. At that point, can I play a Green God card to use the new man's ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Williams
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
loopoocat wrote:
Let us say that you have one man who lets you take another man up to 3 in value. In Phase B you use him to take another man. At that point, can I play a Green God card to use the new man's ability?

Yes. Once acquired, you can use character abilities immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Małecki
Poland
Oława
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no. As you probably know, you can use green god for two outcomes:
A) double the action value;
B) use two men/women tiles.
In the described situation you could use green god to double the man action (take another man from spots 1-6) or to use another man tile. You did neither, using single man action. I don't think you can use the green god card "retrospestively". In my opinion, the god bonus has to be used immediately after playing the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rednar wrote:
In the described situation you could use green god to double the man action (take another man from spots 1-6) or to use another man tile. You did neither, using single man action. I don't think you can use the green god card "retrospestively". In my opinion, the god bonus has to be used immediately after playing the card.

I disagree. You can use your man/woman actions in the order you choose, and option B) for the green god is simply to activate another man/woman of a different type, which is what he is doing. There is no "retrospectively" about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
Ye you can use a green card after u used your woman or man tiles to activate an other type man/woman tile

but it has to have an different ability then the one tile you used before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Małecki
Poland
Oława
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
worshipsf wrote:
rednar wrote:

I disagree. You can use your man/woman actions in the order you choose, and option B) for the green god is simply to activate another man/woman of a different type, which is what he is doing. There is no "retrospectively" about it.

I've consulted the manual and you're probably right, sorry for confusion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.