Subject: Campaign - number of agents question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am interested in this game, however I'm trying to figure out how the campaign works and specifically how many players are required to make it through the entire campaign. The storybook on GD's website only lists 1 mission when I download it. I've watched Rahdo's video and he said that the 2nd mission forced them to play with 3 characters (but he only had a prototype?.

So, how many characters are required in order to go through the whole campaign in the base game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Campaign - number of players question
I don't know how many characters are required by the end of the campaign, but note that a 1:1 relationship between characters and players is not necessary (or possible for some of the missions, if you're playing solo). You can certainly have one person control more than one character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Alves
Portugal
Setubal
Setubal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to five players can play campaign mode. You can see the numbers of players at page 3 (Setup section). If you want do add the sixth player, you will need the alien mind expansion. With that expansion, you turn a game from Full Co-Op to Full semi Co-Op.

Edit: The same storybook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BGFreakDag2PT wrote:
Up to five players can play campaign mode. You can see the numbers of players at page 3 (Setup section). If you want do add the sixth player, you will need the alien mind expansion. With that expansion, you turn a game from Full Co-Op to Full semi Co-Op.

Edit: The same storybook.

I read this section of the storybook as merely an explanation of the anatomy of a mission card. Not a card that says every mission can use 1-5 players. It says that in this section of a mission card it will show you how many agents you are supposed to use on this mission. It looks like the first mission: Close Encounters can use 1-5 agents, but I don't see any other missions in the story book. The missions I see online all require a minimum of 3 agents.

Are you saying that you have seen a full story book and know that every mission in the campaign of base game can be played with 1-5 agents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
I don't know how many characters are required by the end of the campaign, but note that a 1:1 relationship between characters and players is not necessary (or possible for some of the missions, if you're playing solo). You can certainly have one person control more than one character.

I didn't make it clear in the OP so thank you for pointing it out, but I realize that you can control multiple characters with one player. I'm wondering what the minimum number I would have to control solo would be if I wanted to run through the entire campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The minimum number of agents in play may vary from mission to mission, usually 3 is the "magic number" but in a couple of mission it's required to have all five agents on the field.
Playing solo can be really fast with the GD Tracker Tablets App that permits you to manage all Agents Profile Sheets at the same time.

Thanks cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:
The minimum number of agents in play may vary from mission to mission, usually 3 is the "magic number" but in a couple of mission it's required to have all five agents on the field.
Playing solo can be really fast with the GD Tracker Tablets App that permits you to manage all Agents Profile Sheets at the same time.

Thanks cool

Any chance of a PC version of that app coming out? Not sure how you would do it but something would be great for those of us who don't use tablets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Never say never but... it's quite difficult, at least for the moment,
maybe in the future if the GD agency will become bigger and bigger cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Simone Romano wrote:

Thanks cool

So if I want to play through the campaign of this game solo. I will have to run all 5 agents by myself at times? Am I reading that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekryr wrote:

So if I want to play through the campaign of this game solo. I will have to run all 5 agents by myself at times? Am I reading that right?

There is at least one mission where you must use five agents (may be others; I haven't played all of them yet, so my memory is fuzzy). Most of the later missions are minimum three agents, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.