designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Age of Industry

Components (in addition to a copy of Tiny Epic Kingdoms):
1 additional meeple/marker per player, in player colors

Every time the action track clears, the players will (in reverse turn order, starting with the player to the right of the person who cleared the track) choose one of the following benefits:

• After the result of a war has been revealed, you may increase/decrease your war bid by 1. This cannot change the bid to/from "Peace".
• You pay one fewer ore resource when constructing the tower
• You pay one fewer food resource when placing a new meeple
• You pay one fewer mana resource when increasing your magic level
• After gathering resources, gather one additional resource of the same type as one you just gathered.
• Choose one region which you currently control and which has a single meeple in it. Pay 2 food to prevent an opponent from entering this region.

Player choice is made by placing the additional meeple/token on the corresponding benefit. Each benefit may only be chosen by a single player.

Each benefit can only be used once. To mark that a benefit has been used, the player meeple/token is returned to his/her supply.

All still-remaining meeples/tokens are returned whenever the action track is cleared and returned to the player's supply before new benefit selections are made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GalaGalaxia wrote:
Tiny Epic Kingdoms: Age of Industry

Components (in addition to a copy of Tiny Epic Kingdoms):
1 additional meeple/marker per player, in player colors

Every time the action track clears, the players will (in reverse turn order, starting with the player to the right of the person who cleared the track) choose one of the following benefits:

• After the result of a war has been revealed, you may increase/decrease your war bid by 1. This cannot change the bid to/from "Peace".
• You pay one fewer ore resource when constructing the tower
• You pay one fewer food resource when placing a new meeple
• You pay one fewer mana resource when increasing your magic level
• After gathering resources, gather one additional resource of the same type as one you just gathered.
• Choose one region which you currently control and which has a single meeple in it. Pay 2 food to prevent an opponent from entering this region.

Player choice is made by placing the additional meeple/token on the corresponding benefit. Each benefit may only be chosen by a single player.

Each benefit can only be used once. To mark that a benefit has been used, the player meeple/token is returned to his/her supply.

All still-remaining meeples/tokens are returned whenever the action track is cleared and returned to the player's supply before new benefit selections are made.

Some cool ideas, Rainer. I'd love to hear your thoughts after you give it a shot. I'm curious about whether the "draft" will slow down the game where it is - there may be a need for another trigger, or to have the draft happen every 3 "clears". Cool stuff, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback. The potential slow down is a concern I have as well. Every X clears is a good solution to that because:
1) You may not have had a chance to use your ability
2) Your choice has a more long-term impact
3) Speeds up play

But, the lack of long-term impact attracts me, too.

I've tested it twice, and didn't experience a problem with it. It definitely needs some more play testing, though. I'd love to hear feedback from others, especially with regards to how it impacts speed of play and general game balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
So under "components" there would be this bonus card as well?

So you clear off the bonus card whenever the action card is cleared, thus making the bonus a use it or lose it benefit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmucchiello wrote:
So under "components" there would be this bonus card as well?

So you clear off the bonus card whenever the action card is cleared, thus making the bonus a use it or lose it benefit.

That is correct. The downside to that is -- what if you didn't get to use yours. The upside, on the other hand, is -- now you will be in a better position to choose one that will be better for you this next round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Smith
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this Variant! I created a Card based from the PnP version if anyone is interested. I edited some of the descriptions for some actions so that it would fit on the card, and then added titles for each action. I hope that's okay! Let me know if you want any changes to be made GalaGalaxia since you did come up with this great variant

Here's the link to the File:
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/106931/age-industry-varian...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I like cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.