United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
Be Empowered!
badge
Never Give Up! Be Empowered!
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfire is very strong... In the several games I've played as her/against her she's won all but one, the game that started with 2 Heat Visions in the lineup and had a Super Strength slide in to the lineup on turn 3... Needless to say, Starfire didn't do so hot that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Do0shebag55 wrote:
Starfire is very strong... In the several games I've played as her/against her she's won all but one, the game that started with 2 Heat Visions in the lineup and had a Super Strength slide in to the lineup on turn 3... Needless to say, Starfire didn't do so hot that game.

I was beaten severely as Starfire in my sole game to date as the line-up was flooded with Villains, and two players went heavily into them, wrecking my hand (and others) for the remainder of the game. I think I had 7 Power only once, and a 7-cost super power taunted me for three-quarters of the game in the line-up. Maybe next time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's easy to counter her lol, just don't buy super powers from the line,, even if they are so good=(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gil Marquez
United States
Malibu
California
flag msg tools
Be Empowered!
badge
Never Give Up! Be Empowered!
mbmbmbmbmb
mrlebarican wrote:
It's easy to counter her lol, just don't buy super powers from the line,, even if they are so good=(

The problem with this strategy is that you're fueling her Starbolts to CRAZY heights...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Herandez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Do0shebag55 wrote:
mrlebarican wrote:

The problem with this strategy is that you're fueling her Starbolts to CRAZY heights...

those are the only ones you get, forgot to say that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Tharious
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In the two games that I've played against Starfire, she has had runaway victories:

5-player game: Starfire had double the points of the next highest
2-player game: Starfire tripled my score :/

The card advantage early on is huge. Since superpowers are one of the rarer card types its not hard to see why she is so good. In both these games, the Starfire player must have had the first 7-10 turns without a superpower showing up in the lineup giving her a 6 card hand for most of the game (and drawing a 5-cost card bought on turn 1, on turn 2...). When a superpower finally did show up, the Starfire player had such a power advantage that it didn't matter.

If you're lucky and there are no superpowers or you can buy them/destroy them fast enough (Canary Cry) Starfire is basically like The Flash but not dependent on having draw cards which makes her very strong.

The other thing to consider is that in a large game with Starfire (4-5 players) there are others vying for those superpowers in the line-up too which just increases the chances of getting the 6 card hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question regarding her power:
Situation: on her turn there's 1 super-power card on the line up.
She buys it, so her turn has not finished yet. Now there are no super-power cards on the line-up. Does she draw a card?

I believe she does... otherwise the Starfire card would read (if there are no super-power on the line-up at the beginning of your turn...).

I've just played once with Starfire. I could only pull her power once or twice. It was a 2 player game, where lots of super-powers were always on the line-up (and the other player, wonder woman, never bought anyone)... yeah, luck of the draw, but Starfire had a harsh time...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M D
United States
Peotone
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dharzen wrote:
A question regarding her power:
Situation: on her turn there's 1 super-power card on the line up.
She buys it, so her turn has not finished yet. Now there are no super-power cards on the line-up. Does she draw a card?

I believe she does... otherwise the Starfire card would read (if there are no super-power on the line-up at the beginning of your turn...).

I've just played once with Starfire. I could only pull her power once or twice. It was a 2 player game, where lots of super-powers were always on the line-up (and the other player, wonder woman, never bought anyone)... yeah, luck of the draw, but she had a harsh time...

Yup her card says any time during your turn. You but that super power its out of the line up go ahead and draw your extra card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.