Popular Tags: [View All]
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I realize this is a stupid thread.

So am I the only one who has issues with player boards and err boob swiping?
If I am not careful when moving or grabbing things from the main board I can easily clear my board. Then have to put everything back or in the case of Eclipse make my best guess where everything was.shake

Either way it's annoying to have to remember to be mindful and makes getting things more awkward then it needs to be sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma Hilmarsson Haj
Iceland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can totally sympathize. It's also a similar problem if I'm playing golf on the Wii, my husband tries to correct my swing being completely dense about the fact I have other stuff to take into consideration cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I'm at a convention where I have to wear a name tag on a string around my neck, I have more or less the same problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Adamus
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently someone apologized me on the convention because of looking on my my tag, which was not on the string , but attached and thus this guy was very embarassed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Long hair will do the same... Luckily this can mostly easily be fixed by putting it in a ponytail (though of course you always first wipe out the (player) board before you remember... :S)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mebririth wrote:
Long hair will do the same... Luckily this can mostly easily be fixed by putting it in a ponytail (though of course you always first wipe out the (player) board before you remember... :S)

Yeah, you're good with wider sleeves though, I always wipe the board if I have those. The loose hair swiping has happened to me, especially since I usually have it braided/bunned.

I've done stomach area swipes by leaning forward too much. Especially annoying in Eclipse and Terra Mystica.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah I am Dolly Parton endowed... and I have to worry about that all the time.

I often just have others across the table move pieces on that end for me.

Plus I have the long hair thing too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh honey! Years ago my moobies brought me nothing but misery when I had to lean in to move my pieces, I can empathize. Thank goodness I lost enough weight to remove that problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marion
msg tools
Just do it !
badge
Enjoy Life!
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

I share the experiences with hair, boobs and bathrobe-sleeves!
(quite often these three cases are combined - nothing like lazing around on a rainy sunday in the bathrobe with untamed hair and playing games... )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
Aye, allow my voice to join the choir, you're not alone on this one. Plus, I'm somehow the clumsiest in city when I'm tired and I'm capable of disasters a la Shudde M'ell...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Oh no you are not the only one...and dont forget the salad you find hiding down there at the end of the night!!( should have got a 'doggie' bag)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is silly yet deadly serious.

I haven't had that problem personally, but one guy I used to play wargames with insisted on wearing huge oversized shirts; the sleeves were capable of destroying entire army groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Okay, with the combination of Wendell's post and all the proceeding ones, I have this vision of a history documentary about a WWII air battle, when a large boob, sleeve or lock of hair comes out of nowhere ala Monty Python giant foot and wipes out the air group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Now you know why those army guys always tuck in their ties.

They got tired of their ties wiping out careful wargame positions every time they reached across the map....

It's difficult to even wash your hands without your tie wiping the sink counter clean. In public bathrooms, it's rather annoying...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin R
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boobs are awfully prolific. I started playing games with my wife when she was pregnant with the twins, so her belly was even larger than her boobs. Once they arrived though, she started knocking pieces and cards around, etc. Never been happier to see a game interrupted. But the kids turn 2 years old the moment between today and tomorrow (leap babies) so I am considering correcting the problem in the near future by expanding her belly again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JJRR_Esq wrote:
Boobs are awfully prolific. I started playing games with my wife when she was pregnant with the twins, so her belly was even larger than her boobs. Once they arrived though, she started knocking pieces and cards around, etc. Never been happier to see a game interrupted. But the kids turn 2 years old the moment between today and tomorrow (leap babies) so I am considering correcting the problem in the near future by expanding her belly again.

Good luck with them turning 2 and on having another baby.

I don't have the boob problem, but the robe issue, I do, especially in the winter when it's so cold. I've tried to push up my sleeve a bit and that works, when I remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Wenn ich die Zivilisation hinter mir lasse, fühle ich mich sicher (Heinrich Harrer)
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Okay, with the combination of Wendell's post and all the proceeding ones, I have this vision of a history documentary about a WWII air battle, when a large boob, sleeve or lock of hair comes out of nowhere ala Monty Python giant foot and wipes out the air group.

You reminded me of the Attack of the loose boob from Woody Allen's "Everything you wanted to know..." :laughter: Thanks Sue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a combination of a long, loose cardigan and a lumpy table, but I managed to whisk my cards onto the floor at least five times over the course of a game of Incan Gold last night. And Incan Gold is not an especially long game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread really made me laugh but I feel left out. Well, I'll be nursing pretty soon so maybe I'll have boobs of destruction too laugh. I wasn't gaming last time with my first son so I'm not sure if it would be a problem or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer good old fashioned table flipping myself.

But the boobs of destruction is a much more subtle approach. I like it!

laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elyse S.
United States
Yuba City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:

Yeah I am Dolly Parton endowed... and I have to worry about that all the time.

I often just have others across the table move pieces on that end for me.

Plus I have the long hair thing too!

surpriseAre you me?!
I am excessively endowed and have hip long hair. I normally keep my hair up though since I have a toddler so it's not usually a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Adamus
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some time ago my friend tried to use my breast as a table for a tea. Well. We both ended all in tea. She sad she had had to try
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Szpon wrote:
Some time ago my friend tried to use my breast as a table for a tea. Well. We both ended all in tea. She sad she had had to try

I do that with my belly right now. laugh Finally, I see a perk to pregnancy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Adamus
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Children are so useful... Which month?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Needle
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble conceptualising the problem here. Pics?

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.