Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jasper’s Mercury Mission 1 Malfunction.
Ok I made a lot of mistakes last night both during the setup, game play and rules. This due only a quick read through of the rules and playing one handed. I was playing one handed due to one cats jumping into my lap and demanding attention till turn 7.
Setup mistake I build my signal reserve of 7 alien and 1 human but I just drew two extra signals from the pile and place those on the initial setup display. Also I think I had some wrong aliens due the “card and miniatures in play” cards being facing a different direction and small size in the book.
Agent Mercury took Medikit as her device.
Turn 1 Mercury skirted the bottom of the map from teleport site on map D1 (see complaint 1) toward shield teleport. She got Line of Sight (los) on the signal next to the shield teleport. The signal was a bogus human. The Spine Critter attacked doing 2 points to Mercury. The event card allowed me to disengage from the spine critter.
Turn 2. Misread the event card thinking it was about the signal rules so I did not teleport in a new signal. Mercury missed the Spine critter but was able to move and deactivate the shield token. The aliens had no successful attacks. Event card was Rain reducing movement by 1.
Turn 3. Again misread the event card as the signal rules. No new teleports. With the Shield token gone, Mercury duked with both the spine critter beta and Xeno beta green. Results Mercury 3 hit points down and zero hits on Aliens.
Turn 4. Signals roll came up a shield. No new signals this turn. Mercury ended her movement next to skull teleport. Combat results . Mercury down 4 hit points. Spine critter down 2 hit points.
Turn 5. Signals roll came up a shield. No new signals this turn. Mercury deactivated the skull and move toward the rifle token in the center of maps to get out of line of sight of Xeno beta . No damage to both sides. Mercury did get LOS on the second bogus signal which was human.
Turn 6 Signals roll came up a skull so no new signals this turn. No damage to both sides this turn again. Mercury used her medikit to heal 3 hit points. She kept the small hill insert between her and Xeno beta. The Xeno Alpha appeared from the explosive teleport.
Turn 7 Signals roll came up a shield. No new signals this turn. Mercury moved her full movement and deactivated the bolt teleport. The spine critter moved up. But no damage to either side.
Turn 8 Signals roll came up a skull so no new signals this turn. Mercury move up and attacked Xeno alpha doing 1 hit point. All aliens attack this turn and either missed and ran away or just moved closer.
Turn 9. Again, no new aliens. Mercury deactivated the explosive teleport. And once the blaster fire ended Mercury was down 3 hit points, Xeno alpha down 4 hit points, spine critter down 2 hit points, and Xeno bravo down 0 hit points. I think both sides had storm trooper training.
Ok I know I messed up the attack and defense rolls a couple of times. And missing bringing in some of aliens I should have.
Complaint 1 I agree with the review with the warping of boards. By the end of the night both boards had a big bow to them and I will be trying to flatten them this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you reroll signals dice if it comes up a missing teleport symbol. Played my first game of mission 1 myself. A lot of rules to miss during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United States
Montgomery
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok. Rules I missed in the first play.
Not rerolling signals teleport location.
Giving all armour 1 hit reduction per fight.
only keeping the weather effect for one round.
Occasionally using the red dice to defend.
Those are ones off the top of my head.
I replayed the mission with the same agent. It was not until Round 9 when I discovered I could NOT BE engaged (next to alien) to deactivate the teleports.
PS my cats are under the Aliens' control. Every time I go to play, the cats want lap time, or hop on the table and walk over the board and box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.