Axis & Allies: WWI 1914» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd Ed on the horizon? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Kalk
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Some time ago I heard speculation on these forums that a 2nd Edition (100th Anniversary Edition) might be released this year. With the piece shortage problems and the inevitable balance and errata issues, it would make a lot of sense.

Has anyone heard anything about whether a 2nd Ed. is pending? I'm waffling on this game right now because of the issues, but I'd definitely be interested in a "corrected" version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Bee
Ireland
flag msg tools
Personally I'd doubt it... I've no inside track but given that the anniversary of the war is ca. six months away I would have thought something more official would have manifested.

On a side note... I wavered on getting this game for quite a while for your very reasons. I only bought it in January due to a good deal on Amazon. Straight after I purchased the game I emailed proof of purchase to the manufacturer. There was no problem in getting a top up pack of minis and chips (DO follow up). In fact I asked for just a few and got a hell of a lot; 50%+ of every thing.

IMO the issues about component shortages really relate to chips and have been slightly exaggerated ... Sure, the much maligned shortage of the opening German exists but don't expect the four boys in Africa to stick around. They either consolidate or die; generally both ...

By and large I really like the game. I like the period and it's a pretty elegant game though, but, I must confess, I find it WAY too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Graf
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I can get extra pices if I send proof of purchase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee Bee
Ireland
flag msg tools
Hi NJsm, Worked for me. I don't have the e-mail address to hand but if you Google WotC customer service I'm sure you can get it from there. As I recall you have to either register or set up an account and relate your enquiry from there. They came back to me quite quickly. However, I did have to follow up after the initial lead time had passed before extras were sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Müller
Germany
München
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Second Edition is a must. They correct Global 40, they corrected Spring 42, if any game ever had to be balanced then its 1914. And pleeeze Wizards/LH make a bigger & better map!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Selkirk
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been no hint of a second edition of this game, yet. I imagine there will be in the future though. The only primary problem with the initial release was the lack of some pieces. Mainly German, British and Russian Infantry. Otherwise, we've found it a good, fun and A&A wise, realistic portrayal of the situation in Europe at the start of the First World War. If a second edition comes out, I'll pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping for a Big Box kickstarter version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.