Robert B
United States
Parsons
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
March is here - time for a spring offensive? What rulesbooks are you reading this month?

I'm reading

This list always provides me with new games to research - it is a bad influence (in a good sort of way).

Subscribing to the announcement list will make sure you are notified each month: Rulebooks on your Table Subscription Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Mids
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Advanced Squad Leader, of course, ready for Blackpool next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Gustafson
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“The elements of good trading are: (1) cutting losses, (2) cutting losses, and (3) cutting losses. If you can follow these three rules, you may have a chance.” – Ed Seykota
mbmbmbmbmb
Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maven Moore
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
In Tempus, Fortuna omnia vincit.
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally have enough understanding of Advanced Squad Leader to start contemplating putting a different rule book on the table. Maybe I'll finally get around to Twilight Struggle...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmb

I had someone geekmail me after a post, and ask if I would be willing to attempt a game with him.

So believe it or not, I'm actually trying my hand at learning Rise and Decline of the Third Reich!

And dusting off Battle for Moscow (first edition) as a starter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday.
badge
Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.
mbmbmbmbmb
Where Eagles Dare

Finally picked up a copy... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
My Little Man's first real wargame play: Barbarossa Solitaire
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got The Arduous Beginning and Target: Leningrad all set to be read followed closely by Battle for Moscow (second edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rod humble

san francisco
Earth
msg tools
badge
I feel quite good about what happened
mbmbmbmbmb

Now playing the third scenario and this is a game that I need to read the rules constantly when playing.

Still I am enjoying it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Hawkins
United States
Mooresville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently acquired the WW II minis skirmish game Chain Of Command by Too Fat Lardies. Seems very innovative so far with plenty of decisions to make, so it appears to be aptly named. Looking forward to getting it on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Meister
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to acquire a copy of A Victory Lost: Crisis in Ukraine 1942-1943 in a trade. I hope to at least get it set up this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still going through John Prados' Third Reich. There's a bunch of rules there (I haven't read a rulebook this thick in a while). Also reading Rise of the Luftwaffe in hopes of getting my Euro friends to play a few dogfights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Coffey
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Breaking the Chains: War in the South China Sea on the solo table and am going through the rules a second time. The first time seemed adequate, however, a couple of posts here on BGG got me second guessing my understanding of Anti Air combat.

The Dark Valley is on my side table. Just starting my first read through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Catherine the Great

Trying my hand at this solitaire design from a 2005 issue of S&T.

Also, Sails of Glory for a miniatures experience in the Age of Sail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. Lenting
Netherlands
Wageningen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the upcoming scenario "The Empire Strikes Back":

The OCS series rules, because I bought:

And of course:
which never really leaves the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I am nearing the end of the Frank Chadwick quartet of East Front Games (slogging through Target: Leningrad right now) I figured the logical conclusion would be to head deeper East so I have Drive on Stalingrad (second edition) out and will unleash Case Blue next!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Koskey
United States
Kahului
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Finally broke down and purchased UP FRONT & BONSAI expansion. Sooo, both rule books are on the table and will see first play on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sten Stenson Sten
Sweden
flag msg tools
I am reading up on these for a ftf game this afternoon Sails of Glory. I have also started on The Finnish Trilogy 1939-1945: Winter War 1939-1940 (Vol. 1) which I hope will keep me busy this month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got:

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun. The Ops Sheet aspect sounds pretty interesting.

-----------

And I'm relearning this one:

As I printed out a bunch of fan-made counters recently from various games in the series as well as just purchased the World at War Compendium for its extra maps and counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Berglund
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tott wrote:

Finally broke down and purchased UP FRONT & BONSAI expansion. Sooo, both rule books are on the table and will see first play on Monday.

I saw a chapter an episode of The Pacific with swedish subtitles where the japanese made a "bonsai attack"

Myself, I'm on my third reading of The Finnish Trilogy 1939-1945: Winter War 1939-1940 (Vol. 1).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb

ASL for me. I'd also like to have a go at Paths of Glory soon so I'll have a read of that when I get a minute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Vance
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had actively avoided all things Napoleonic and then in summer 2012, I broke down and bought my first one:

I'm going to get my first game Friday. I've added a few simpler ones since that time, but I've been wanting to get this one: my last unplayed CDG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Welnin
France
La Chapelle Saint Mesmin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules of twilight struggle deluxe edition that i have bought last week. A game that sticks to the news finally whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j b Goodwin

Lynchburg
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Napoleonic Wars (Second Edition) is up right now. My best friend just played his first two games at PrezCon, and I'm eager for him to teach me.

And Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe. Waiting on the final rulebook to be posted, and for my preorder to come in. Still lokking for enough space to lay it out when it does come.

Oh, also Holdfast: Russia 1941-42. Saw it at PrezCon, and it looks great. A block game with a 90-minute window and a small footprint? Looks like it's right up my alley!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Korchnoi
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going over both The Hell of Stalingrad and The Dark Valley trying to decide where to go next. Stalingrad would be logical given I am playing Drive on Stalingrad right now, but I have been looking forward to Dark Valley since I ordered it. Tough decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.