5 Posts

Bobby Lee» Forums » Rules

Subject: Railway from Winchester to Harpers Ferry rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
Can the CSA trace supply on the railway from Harpers Ferry to Winchester (Assuming both are controlled by CSA)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Voutilainen
Finland
Kuopio
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No see rule 7.1 second sentence. But Winchester would be supplied from the south via road (to Strasburg) and rail to rail source. Assuming there are no blue bellies around there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Masters
United States
flag msg tools
Simppa74 wrote:
No see rule 7.1 second sentence. But Winchester would be supplied from the south via road (to Strasburg) and rail to rail source. Assuming there are no blue bellies around there

Ok, I'll buy that for a dollar, however, would rebel troops in Harpers Ferry indeed be supplied since they are adjacent to a CSA railroad (Berryville)? This is assuming Berryville is under CSA control and the railroad is under complete CSA control. And if that doesn't work, how bout that road in Bunker Hill?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Voutilainen
Finland
Kuopio
-
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Harpers Ferry is USA home territory so cannot be in rail supply for CSA (7.1). However I think both Harpers Ferry and Martinsburg can be in road supply via Bunker Hill because it is south of the Potomac(9.2) and 7.1 does not forbid road supply in USA home territory. So Forks (not in mud turns), Martinsburg and Harpers Ferry could all be in CSA supply. That is how I see it with current rules. It would be nice to have a "supply map" shading all hexes that could be CSA supplied (not counting leader supply) - this would remove any ambiguities.

-Simo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Simppa74 wrote:
Harpers Ferry is USA home territory so cannot be in rail supply for CSA (7.1). However I think both Harpers Ferry and Martinsburg can be in road supply via Bunker Hill because it is south of the Potomac(9.2) and 7.1 does not forbid road supply in USA home territory. So Forks (not in mud turns), Martinsburg and Harpers Ferry could all be in CSA supply. That is how I see it with current rules. It would be nice to have a "supply map" shading all hexes that could be CSA supplied (not counting leader supply) - this would remove any ambiguities.

-Simo

The CSA cannot trace supply north of the Potomac by any means. Rule 9.2 seems pretty clear about that. But it also seems the CSA could use the roads in the Valley to trace supply right up to the Potomac through Bunker Hill and Martinsburg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.