Hide
3 Posts

Panzerblitz: Hill of Death» Forums » General

Subject: Couple of Newby Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Bierschenk
msg tools
I played PB/HOD for the first time last night. Overall, liked it. Simple, straightforward, kept all the straightforward features from the old PB/PL system that I like. When I can look at a counter and guess myself what each of the numbers means, without having to look it up, that's a good sign!

Still, a couple of questions on things that seemed counterintuitive:

If I am firing at an enemy tank with tank of my own and additional units, it doesn't matter what the additional units are that I am firing? Whether an armored car or whatever, as long as it has an AP strength and is within range, each of the additional units firing provides an additional -1 drm, is that right?

Defending against a CAT by having both armored and infantry type units in the hex appears very effective, because right away you're splitting the attacker up by forcing him to make two separate attacks (one vs inf, one vs armor), is that right?

Anyhow, I stress again: I liked the game because it has simple elegant solutions (like range drms) for things that were a bit clunky in the old system (AIW: Israeli tanks doubled at one hex range!). Key thing, not too complicated yet not too gamey. I myself am not much interested in Normandy and one-off maps, but when PB Eastern Front comes out, I will definitely get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
kajmakchalan wrote:
I played PB/HOD for the first time last night. Overall, liked it. Simple, straightforward, kept all the straightforward features from the old PB/PL system that I like. When I can look at a counter and guess myself what each of the numbers means, without having to look it up, that's a good sign!

Glad you're playing. Welcome!

kajmakchalan wrote:
If I am firing at an enemy tank with tank of my own and additional units, it doesn't matter what the additional units are that I am firing? Whether an armored car or whatever, as long as it has an AP strength and is within range, each of the additional units firing provides an additional -1 drm, is that right?

No! Each extra armored unit adds one to the AT strength.

kajmakchalan wrote:
Defending against a CAT by having both armored and infantry type units in the hex appears very effective, b�uid/e7e44d3413b0a5e942a4868ecause right away you're splitting the attacker up by forcing him to make two separate attacks (one vs inf, one vs armor), is that right?

Yes. The onus is on the attacker to make sure he's not foolishly CATing into some very effective combined arms.

kajmakchalan wrote:
Anyhow, I stress again: I liked the game because it has simple elegant solutions (like range drms) for things that were a bit clunky in the old system (AIW: Israeli tanks doubled at one hex range!). Key thing, not too complicated yet not too gamey. I myself am not much interested in Normandy and one-off maps, but when PB Eastern Front comes out, I will definitely get it.

Thank you! Please feel free to join our playtest group on ConsimWorld. You don't need to create an account there (but you are certainly welcome if you don't have one), just download the rules, situation instructions, and vassal module - from the header of the east front page linked below. Look for the red letters that say "PLAYTEST FILES"

[url]http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/Boardgaming/Individual%20Ga...[/url]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bierschenk
msg tools
Thanks for responding, I'll check it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.