Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found like 3 different rulebooks, and I don't know what is the correct information.

So there are no attacks during the first round of play... this means no attacks for the first 6 turns

ie no attacks for
player 1 - vanguard
player 2 - vanguard
player 1 - flank
player 2 - flank
player 1 - rear
player 2 - rear

People can attack the next turn which would be: player 2 - vanguard
Is that correct?

Can people use orders during the ceasefire? In one of the rule books I've read that "attack powers and orders that provide extra attacks" can't be used. What about something that just does damage, or causes an opponent to discard cards?

Regarding actions...

One of the rulebooks says: "Restructure, Attack, and Recruit are Exclusive actions." A single hero or leader can only perform these actions one time during a wave.

So, am I correct in saying that if I have two heroes in the Vanguard from the beginning of this turn (ie they were no recruited this turn) and we're in the Vanguard phase, I can use two attack actions as long as each one comes each of the heroes and not both.

So what about restructure? Only one restructure per turn or does it mean a single hero could only be restructured once a round? Not sure why you would want to move the same hero more than once but just wanted this to be clarified.

You can only recruit 1 hero per turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Henry
United States
Canton
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
I think I found like 3 different rulebooks, and I don't know what is the correct information.

We use the rules found at http://www.lvl99games.com/games/pixeltactics/game-rules/.

Eeeville wrote:
People can attack the next turn which would be: player 2 - vanguard Is that correct?

Correct.

Eeeville wrote:
Can people use orders during the ceasefire? In one of the rule books I've read that "attack powers and orders that provide extra attacks" can't be used. What about something that just does damage, or causes an opponent to discard cards?

No. No orders at can be played during the Ceasefire. From the site above: "During the First Round, there is a Round 1 Ceasefire. Until the first swap of the first/second player markers, heroes and leaders cannot declare attacks, and Orders cannot be played."

Eeeville wrote:
One of the rulebooks says: "Restructure, Attack, and Recruit are Exclusive actions." A single hero or leader can only perform these actions one time during a wave.

So, am I correct in saying that if I have two heroes in the Vanguard from the beginning of this turn (ie they were no recruited this turn) and we're in the Vanguard phase, I can use two attack actions as long as each one comes each of the heroes and not both.

Correct. In this example you could attack with both of those heroes. I can't find reference to "exclusive" in the current rulebook.

Eeeville wrote:
So what about restructure? Only one restructure per turn or does it mean a single hero could only be restructured once a round? Not sure why you would want to move the same hero more than once but just wanted this to be clarified.

You can restructure with both your actions if you wanted. And in theory you could restructure the same hero twice. Like you said... not sure why you'd want to but I'm sure somebody there can think of a reason why. A hero which has restructured cannot attack during the same wave.

Eeeville wrote:
You can only recruit 1 hero per turn?

Nope. You can recruit with both actions if you have spots to put them in that wave.

I hope this answers your questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Restructure, Attack, and Recruit are Exclusive actions."

This is an excerpt from the rulebook that came with the second edition of Pixel Tactics 1.

So, I guess this confuses me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Dysart
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
Eeeville wrote:

This is an excerpt from the rulebook that came with the second edition of Pixel Tactics 1.

"Exclusive" means that a single character can't do more that one of those actions in a turn. You can recruit two characters in a turn, but you couldn't recruit one then attack with them, or attack then restructure with the same character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ajay Tyler
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
I've got a question for a specific character and this whole ceasefire business: The Sage.

His rear action is passive, which deals 3 damage to all characters in melee. So, potentially, this could inflict damage before the Round 1 Ceasefire is over, since the R1C only says no attacks or orders--nothing is said about passive effects (unless I've glossed over something in my skimming of the various copies of the rules I could find).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Fabie
Philippines
flag msg tools
it states in the rulebook that one hero/unit/leader can only take one of the three actions in a single wave (unless it is a skill/order of a hero or an ability of a leader.).

-you cannot restructure one hero twice.
-you cannot recruit then attack with the same hero.
-you cannot attack with one hero or leader twice.
-you cannot recruit then restructure on the same turn.
-nor restructure then attack with the same hero on the same turn.

unless there is an order/skill/ability of a leader/hero/unit that says otherwise, then there is no way to do this three actions all at the same turn with just one hero/leader/unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O. LEBIGOT
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
briand wrote:
Eeeville wrote:

"Exclusive" means that a single character can't do more that one of those actions in a turn.
For reference: this is slightly incorrect: the printed v1.2 rules state that you cannot do two exclusive actions during a wave. This is important for the Puppeteer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.