Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Caylus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Turn order when selecting favors after castle scoring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
According to the rules, "each player, following the turn order, counts the number of castle parts they have built (that is, the number of houses they have placed in the given section) and refers to the corresponding count table" to determine how many and which favors they are to earn. Obviously, the turn order only matters when multiple players select the 4th line.

Which turn order is used to determine the order of favors? The current turn order? Or the turn order for the next turn as determined by the Stables. I would think the latter, but it's not really spelled out in the rules.

Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Section Count
schnel wrote:
Which turn order is used to determine the order of favors? The current turn order? Or the turn order for the next turn as determined by the Stables. I would think the latter, but it's not really spelled out in the rules


It's made clear in the rules under "e) the stables", on Pg 3 of the rules. When the stables spot is activated the turn order changes immediately and is the new turn order from now on, not from next turn. In the example it states "This will be the new turn order from now on".

I hope that clears it up - enjoy the game.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Re: Section Count
Seghillian wrote:
schnel wrote:
Which turn order is used to determine the order of favors? The current turn order? Or the turn order for the next turn as determined by the Stables. I would think the latter, but it's not really spelled out in the rules


It's made clear in the rules under "e) the stables", on Pg 3 of the rules. When the stables spot is activated the turn order changes immediately and is the new turn order from now on, not from next turn. In the example it states "This will be the new turn order from now on".

I hope that clears it up - enjoy the game.


Got it! Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Grigoras
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about for 2p game?
The turn order should change only after the castle is scored, thus the current order is used to determine the order of the favors?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dangulica wrote:
How about for 2p game?
The turn order should change only after the castle is scored, thus the current order is used to determine the order of the favors?


The rules for 2p state that "The turn order changes at the beginning of each turn". So the order remains the same after Castle scoring and only changes when the Income phase for the next turn begins.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.