Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laurent Lecomte
France
Reims
Marne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't figure out why there is and heart on brodie card.

The rules said you kill minion when he suffer equals or more damage than his health. So if he has one healt hi died with one damage, like all others minionns ?

can someone help me with this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to defeat Brodie, you need to inflict any amount of damage with two separate attacks.

The first wound will remove one of the cat's initiative cards, the second wound will remove the other initiative card.

Note to clarify: If your attack would deal more than one wound, you cannot place a wound marker on both initiative cards - you target only one initiative card and any excess wounds are ignored.

See page 11 in the rulebook:

Quote:
Wounds on boss minions
Boss minions normally have multiple initiative cards on the initiative track. Each time a mouse inflicts a wound on that boss, choose which initiative card to place the wound on. When a boss initiative card has
a number of wounds on it equal to or greater than its life value, remove that initiative card from the initiative track. Once the last initiative card for a boss has been removed from the track, remove its figure from the board as well - it has been defeated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Taylor
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While the gamer in me thinks that Zwergs answer is what is intended, the rules aren't clear to me on this.

Each unblocked hit becomes a wound and the part of the rules about non-boss minions says place one wound marker on the minions card for each wound it received.

The quoted rule here says "each time a mouse inflicts a wound on that boss, choose which initiative card to place the wound on."

That implies each wound gets applied separately and I could choose multiple initiative cards if I have multiple wounds from an attack.

I think the rule is supposed to say for each hit choose a card to apply all the wounds, but as its written I wthink it means I can split the wounds up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Allan,
Michael is correct about how to play, it has been confirmed by Jerry, but it is your game so play it as you would prefer.

Cheers,
Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael is correct you cannot split your wounds up this way. You declare which card you are attacking and then conduct that attack against that card. Also of note: some bosses have different defense values on their cards so you would need to know before hand which card will be used in defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.