Hide
5 Posts

King of Tokyo: Space Penguin (promo character)» Forums » Variants

Subject: My Space Penguin Evolutions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sin Sam
msg tools
Space Penguin's species is Invader or Promotional, depending on the player's preference or the needs of the table. He's not a mutant, because he's not a mutated Earth penguin. He's a normal sized Space Penguin. I wanted some new Evolutions because while the existing ones reinforced the Penguin aspect, they did little to enforce the Space aspect.

Slide!
PERMANENT EVOLUTION
Gain one [VICTORY POINT] when yielding Tokyo.
Notes:

Heads-Up Display
PERMANENT EVOLUTION
If you roll four-of-a-kind, count it as five-of-a-kind.

Bounty Hunter
PERMANENT EVOLUTION
When you draw this Evolution, place a SPECIES COUNTER on it to deal one extra damage when dealing damage to members of that species. Gain 2 [VICTORY POINT]s and 3 [ENERGY] if you eliminate a member of that species. Pay 2 [ENERGY] to the bank at the start or end of your turn to change the SPECIES COUNTER.

Notes:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The thing about the Species mechanic is that it's technically attached to the Evolutions themselves, not the monster, so if you're playing Evolution Draft with this card, you'll need to determine beforehand what species everyone is. I'd guess there are two ways: Either go by the monster's "intended" species (IE, Kraken is always an invader, Cyber Bunny is always a robot), or pick species per-session based on the majority species in each player's Evolution deck. Also, you may be saying, "Hey, the Invader token looks a lot like the 3 Alien tokens from Power Up!" And to that I say, "Well crap. I guess you'll have four of those then, three for Alienoid evos and 1 for Space Penguin."

Hostile Environmental Tuxedo Suit
PERMANENT EVOLUTION
You ignore 1 point of Damage from any source that isn't a [ATTACK DIE].

Antithermal Detonator
GIFT EVOLUTION
Owner: When this Evolution is drawn, set a spare die next to your monster board and turn it to [3] to start a countdown. At the start of each of your turns, change the [3] to a [2], or change the [2] to a [1], or change the [1] to [ATTACK DIE]. At the start of your turn, you can pay 1 [ENERGY] to reset the countdown to [3]. You can buy this Evolution back from the discard pile for 2 [ENERGY].
Monster with Gift: You can transfer this gift when you Attack or when you yield Tokyo. If the Countdown Die reaches [ATTACK DIE], the monster who has the gift takes 4 damage and then discards the Evolution.

Emperor of Tokyo
TEMPORARY EVOLUTION
Discard this Evolution when starting a turn in Tokyo to gain 1 extra [VICTORY POINT]. Take this Evolution back into your hand if you yield Tokyo.

Blizzard
TEMPORARY EVOLUTION
Discard this Evolution during your turn to gain one extra die that turn. All other monsters get one less die until your next turn.

Space Fish
TEMPORARY EVOLUTION
Discard this Evolution to heal 2 [LIFE].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurgan Loathemane
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Man, these are awesome!

I really like every single one of them, and with your permission I would use them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
You absolutely have permission. I wouldn't have posted them, otherwise!
This permission is obligation free, but if you're feeling generous, I'd welcome comments about your experience playing with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any plans to put these to an official looking design?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sin Sam
msg tools
dbolyard wrote:
Any plans to put these to an official looking design?

Nope. I lack the Photoshop skills, (and I'd probably have to cut down two of the descriptions).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.