Hide
5 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mercury's stealth ability and LOS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan DeCamp
msg tools
Do aliens still have line of sight to Mercury even though she is not able to be targeted with her stealth ability in terms of AI activation. For example Mercury is 2 areas away from a xeno-beta with normal LOS. Does the xeno beta use its 2 area away activation and just sit there since he can't target Mercury? Or does he not have LOS due to her stealth ability and use another AI activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing that it is #2. Another question is, if it uses it's last activation {+}, and she is closer than any other agents! does it move toward her or ignore her? What if she is the only agent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
I have been playing that it is #2. Another question is, if it uses it's last activation {+}, and she is closer than any other agents! does it move toward her or ignore her? What if she is the only agent?

I've also been playing that the alien acts as though it does not have line of sight to Mercury (so it uses whatever activation triggers for the nearest agent who isn't Mercury).

If she's the closest (or only) agent, I've also been playing that it uses the {+} option (my logic being that it's the only option that doesn't require LOS; plus most aliens use that option to move towards the agents, which means that eventually the alien will move within the {2} range necessary to actually spot Mercury, and engage her normally).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems this is another game which will greatly benefit from a decent FAQ. Looking forward to receive my copy soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Romano
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Metraen wrote:
Do aliens still have line of sight to Mercury even though she is not able to be targeted with her stealth ability in terms of AI activation. For example Mercury is 2 areas away from a xeno-beta with normal LOS. Does the xeno beta use its 2 area away activation and just sit there since he can't target Mercury? Or does he not have LOS due to her stealth ability and use another AI activation?

If Mercury is the only agent at RNG2 form the Xeno-Beta, it will follow the + Rule. BUT Aliens who follow the + rule may engage Mercury in combat at the end of their movement cause the + rule does not need the LOS with the target...
It's like the alien will follow the noise and the "there is someone near me" feeling...

So it's secure to say that Mercury's Stealth ability work even better when there is someone near her that attracts the aliens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.