Popular Tags: [View All]
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone having issues with their box. I got my game Tuesday opened it up and have yet to place the lid on.. Today I got around to doing so to notice this.. do you think ares would send me a new lid? I notice the box is starting to do this on the other side... Just disappointed because every thing else is top notch quality...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mott
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My box was exactly the same as the one from your photo, torn from corner to corner. I had to apply packing tape to keep it together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
do you think ares would send me a new lid?

Only one way to find out: an Ares representative stated in another thread that you should email sales@aresgames.eu with components issues (although they will not be resolving them until after the Kickstarter is fulfilled).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ash Gardiner
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My box was also exactly the same. I assumed I was the only unlucky person.

Once I would have been annoyed by it, but I'm just going to put tape on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Briggs
United States
Farmington
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My insert was damaged, bit i'm not sure them sending me a new one would survive the travel without a box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
The insert, like all such, was the first thing in the garbage can.

All my stuff fits in the box. And it is a LOT of stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Crago
United States
Woodstock
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My box has been fine. I didn't look too closely at my second box as I got the Team pledge, but I have that still shrink wrapped while I debate if I want to keep it for the extra aliens or sell it with the extra Kickstarter stuff.

I know my one set of cards was damaged in the Kickstarter bag, but Ares already said once they are done shipping out the fulfillment orders they will get me replacement cards sent out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
russell granberry
United States
topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Sadly, mine looks exactly the same as the op and in the exact same area. That's certainly disappointing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.
That sucks.
I've had boxes tear vertically in into corners.
But never along a long edge like that.

Thank you for posting.
Mine hasn't done this, but I'll make sure to reinforce the edges with some clear tape.
It certainly looks like it wants to give out in it that area.
I'd suggest some clear packing tape to close it up.
Inside and out.
I had to do that in the vertical corners of my rune wars and descent coffin boxes.
And it fixed it right up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'm sorry to hear that there are other fellow gamers in the same boat as I.. I was hoping to hear mine was the only one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yep, looks like the packers were unfamiliar with the destructive power of boxfarts. I sent an email and got the following response:

"Dear Steve

I am forwarding your problem to our customer care (sales@aresgames.eu (mailto:sales@aresgames.eu)). To make the process smoother, we will handle all customer care issues as soon as we finish shipping the Kickstarter rewards, so please have a little patience."

It sounds like they're going to receive a lot of similar complaints, which decreases the likelihood that they will offer replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that sucks..well I guess im Just going to have to tape it! I wish they would have used a box similar to pathfinder card game..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the problem is that the game content is exceptionally heavy (maybe almost twice as much as War of the Ring). That, combined with mistreatment in the shipping, may have produced this problem, even if the box quality is exactly the same as previous products by Ares.

Please contact our sales office at sales[at]aresgames.eu with any problem regarding damaged or missing items in your shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zheng Xuan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I wouldn't count on getting a replacement box from ares to be honest. I picked up the collector's edition of lords of middle earth from ares 11 months ago and found the box damaged due to the poor packaging used by ares. countless emails and 11 months later and I have yet received a my replacement box. for a collector's edition game.

Below is the link to the thread I started with regards to this issue back in march 2013
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/954245/disappointed-in-the-p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Zheng, I think that possibly replacing a box from a Limited Edition which is sold out on pre-order may have been the problem.

If you did not already, you should either require a refund to Ares' sales office and return the item, or at least ask a discount, and this must be granted.

If you get in touch by Geekmail with me, I will see if I can help.

Galaxy Defenders is not a limited item, so either a partial refund/discount or a replacements are surely within the possibilities of Ares to grant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest I don't think shipping was the issue with this game.. It's probably the best packed game I've received in the mail... Shipping would not have placed a tear in the box like this.. I will contact ares just in case. Even if I receive an email like the previous one..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Noah, of course we tried to do our best the get the games properly packaged, that's sure. I am 99% sure that a damage like that is produced by the content inside the box moving, more than from any outside agent.
We had hundreds of thousands of boxes out of that factory, and nothing like this happened before. So I am sure it's not a fault in the production itself.
But as I said, this game's weight is out of the ordinary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
love the game and the product. Just about to finish painting the character figures..keep up the good work..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
To be honest I don't think shipping was the issue with this game.. It's probably the best packed game I've received in the mail... Shipping would not have placed a tear in the box like this.. I will contact ares just in case. Even if I receive an email like the previous one..

They were probably shipped assembled from the factory on pallets, and then boxed again with the kickstarter add-on items at the distribution level before shipping out to you.

If so, the damage could have occurred in transit prior to the nicer packaging you saw, or they were weakened enough to bust with additional mishandling from a carrier at the national level. While you might not see dented corners on a shipping box, they're frequently slammed/dropped into place during the transit process and with all that heavy cardboard sitting on a thin flexible insert, there's going to be some unavoidable internal movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
noahshu wrote:

They were probably shipped assembled from the factory on pallets, and then boxed again with the kickstarter add-on items at the distribution level before shipping out to you.

If so, the damage could have occurred in transit prior to the nicer packaging you saw, or they were weakened enough to bust with additional mishandling from a carrier at the national level. While you might not see dented corners on a shipping box, they're frequently slammed/dropped into place during the transit process and with all that heavy cardboard sitting on a thin flexible insert, there's going to be some unavoidable internal movement.

QFT. I still remember that video of the shipping employees at one warehouses throwing boxes of iPads around like they were grenades. I know that's probably not the norm, but I can only imagine how the boxes are handled when they don't have a 'fragile' label on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My box was also crushed. Worse then the image shown actually.
And it definitely did not happen in the transit from the German warehouse to me or due to weigth of the game. Let me elaborate a bit: I got a huge box with lots of packaging materials with most KS addons scattered loosely around in it. Additionally there were two smaller boxes in the large one. One for the Elite Army and one for the base game. The former as is, the latter was wrapped once more in another shipping box. And oh my... That box looked like someone sat on it and additionally had several deep cuts. The damage could not have been cause by the mass of the game itself as far as I could tell. This damage must have happened in the warehouse in China or in transit to Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Karl, do you really think we (Ares) are so stupid to send out boxes we already know are broken? So that we have to pay shipment costs twice, and waste a new box, to get it sent again?

We have something like 1,000,000 boxes produced in the last 3 years at our factory, and we never get one which was broken out of the door.

Problems in transit DO happen, I am not sure why you "want to believe" differently.
And from our point of view, it's exactly the same, as we cannot blame the freight agent in any case (unless the customer files a complaint upon receiving the parcel)- so it is OUR (Ares) responsibility to find a solution for you, no matter where and why the problem happened...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
My outer shipping box was completely unharmed while the inner shipping box with the game was dented. Luckily this did not transfer to the game box itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
This damage must have happened in the warehouse in China or in transit to Germany.

My Core Set + Elite Expansion were in the same shipping box together with paper packing material, which was packaged in a larger shipping box with the Kickstarter Extras and starch packing material (I'm sure your materials will differ).

If your Core Set came in a box on it's own, there may have been a problem while in transit to you from the shipper and they may have needed to re-box it. Was the smaller shipping box the Core Set in labeled as a Galaxy Defender product?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cybernex wrote:
Karl, do you really think we (Ares) are so stupid to send out boxes we already know are broken? So that we have to pay shipment costs twice, and waste a new box, to get it sent again?

We have something like 1,000,000 boxes produced in the last 3 years at our factory, and we never get one which was broken out of the door.

Problems in transit DO happen, I am not sure why you "want to believe" differently.
And from our point of view, it's exactly the same, as we cannot blame the freight agent in any case (unless the customer files a complaint upon receiving the parcel)- so it is OUR (Ares) responsibility to find a solution for you, no matter where and why the problem happened...

I'd say this makes sense.
I'd imagine that no 'company' would ship a damaged product.
However, I also imagine the 'company' didn't pack these boxes or do QC.
A 'person' within the 'company' did.
And people are fallible.

Just food for thought.

I personally have received shipments before, for even expensive products, where the shipping box was fine but the stuff inside was busted up.
It does happen.

So I wouldn't take it as someone saying you 'are that stupid'.

It's entirely possible someone in the company made an error and sent a busted box.
Or even as stuff was being chucked in the shipping box it got dinged.

It does happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.