Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He starts as Superhuman Hunter with 50 HP. When you reduce him to zero he flips over. Now he's Invisible Stalker with 50 HP and immune to damage. He will flip back over if his personal cloaking device is not in play.

Questions:

1) he can't be beaten as Invisible Stalker?

2) what is his victory condition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, as the invisible Stalker, you can't damage him (and therefore win the game), but his HP total doesn't automatically reset.

You beat him by blowing up the cloaking device, which causes him to flip back at the start of his turn if it's still in the trash. then, assuming he doesn't repair it during his turn, go to town on him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're doing something that isn't there Rob. Ambuscade doesn't say to flip him when he's down to zero. so to answer question two - his victory condition is to get him down to zero as "Superhuman Hunter"

The only time you get to flip him to Invisible Stalker is when Personal Cloaking Device comes out. Once you burn this down from it's nine hit points he goes back to Superhuman Hunter - with whatever hit points he has before. Baron Blade is the only Villain (and maybe Miss Information) who starts with "Fresh Hit points" when flipped. So yes, it's possible with a bad card draw that Ambuscade will never flip over. This happened in the very first game I had against him. it was...sad...for him.

ninja'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Baron Blade is the only Villain (and maybe Miss Information) who starts with "Fresh Hit points" when flipped.

blush
Ahhh, that's my problem - I'm assuming reducing to zero is the standard means of flipping! With this game you can never be too literal, if it doesn't say flip it doesn't flip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Gitton
France
Dardilly
- SELECT -
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
funny coz i played my first game solo with 3 heroes vs ambuscade as it seems to be an easy one to fight...but for me it wasn't so easy because of metropolis huge damages ,and the cloacking device which appeared in the end...but fortunately using Fanatic exceptional power to inflict radiant damages equal to the difference between her max and current HP...baaam bye bye Ambuscade...
My team was Wraith, Fanatic and Absolute zero...Absolute died without having done a lot but pushing out an ongoing effect...He's hard to play when you don't know the card i think.

Laurent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kratz
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tegre wrote:
Baron Blade is the only Villain (and maybe Miss Information) who starts with "Fresh Hit points" when flipped.

And the Promo Gloomweaver - but yes, it is rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stryker1979 wrote:
Tegre wrote:

And the Promo Gloomweaver - but yes, it is rare.

And Apostate's front-to-back flip, so not as rare as we all think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Grenier
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks OP came just for this answer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.