Subject: IOS App Suggestions for someone with a limited collection? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rosie Caswell
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there. I'm spending more time as a carer for an ill parent these days meaning my spare time to play games is dwindling, so i'm looking to expand my IOS collection. (iPhone only unfortunately)

Currently I have TTR, San Juan, Lost Cities, Battle Line, Carcassonne, Le Havre, Penny Arcade, Money. I have thoroughly loved playing TTR, San Juan and Battle Line.. even Money - although I am much less impressed with Carcassonne and Le Havre (on iPhone anyway). Although The Carcassonne app is great, I realised I am no longer enjoying worker placement at all these days.

So I was thinking maybe Elder Signs? Lords of Waterdeep (never played the game) Perhaps StoneAge?

Any suggestions? I have not played a HUGE selections of games so a good tutorial would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Davis
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of those games, and Carcassonne, none of them are Worker Placement... Lords of Waterdeep and Stone Age both are worker placement games, but I'd definitely recommend checking out Stone Age. It's easy to learn and quite a bit of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noreen
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also recommend Lords of Waterdeep. It's pretty easy to play and they did a pretty good job on the app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Girven
United Kingdom
Basildon
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently been buying a few ios Games, some to try out;

Kahuna
Bang!
Smallworld 2
Catan

I own all of these and they are all excellent ports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.