Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
The Breakin Atmo rules state:

Quote:
Breakin' Atmo Jobs all use a new skill based pay.
Each Job's Pay Tab lists an amount, plus an additional amount you'll be paid per Skill Point in your crew.
The above example Job pays $2000, plus $500 per point of Negotiate in your crew working the Job.

My question is: do the Skill Points on gear carried by crew on the Job also count for obtaining the extra skill based pay, or only the Skill Points actually printed on the Crews' cards?

If the latter, then what about Crew cards that state that a skill is active on the Crew person if they are carrying a particular type of Gear?

Also, what about Hill Folk and other Crew that get additional Skill Points if you have more than one of them in the crew? Do those Skill Points count towards getting the skill based extra pay, too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I believe the intention is to have everything count, not just printed skills. Note that "crew" is lower case (and therefore "generic" rather than "Crew" or "Crew cards."

This follows the generally established (but never stated) guideline where it the source of skills don't matter (with something like Kosherized Rules being a notable exception).

Further, Breakin' Atmo introduces a fair amount of skill-rich pieces of gear, which would seem intended to work with the new rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it doesn't actually state it clearly with the expansion itself, the site's piece on it has the following.

Quote:
All of the new Jobs in Breakin’ Atmo are based on a Skill-based payout; the more of a particular Skill you can bring to a Job, the larger your haul will be. With the right Crew and the right Gear, you’ll be looking at a pretty payday.

Besides that, I can't see the Jobs paying enough if the Skill Points came solely from Crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks! I hope it doesn't make the solo game even easier...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.