United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
DBA Junkie
badge
"A Book should serve as the Ax for the frozen sea within us."-- KAFKA
mbmbmbmbmb
gooangry WOULD YOU MAKE UP YOUR [expletive deleted] MIND??!!! MOVE for COOL-thulhu's sake! It's a Dice-game you gibbering cretin! GYAAAHHHHH! *rant off*...[or on as you see fit]... angrygoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's your turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
We made up a card for the "Longest Turn." It is similar to one of the images posted (somewhere) in the Catan entry. Basically, it gives the owner some negative score for it's possession. Since I don't use house rules I don't enforce it, the owner is supposed to get the idea...well at least sometimes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmb
cabalzero wrote:
gooangry WOULD YOU MAKE UP YOUR [expletive deleted] MIND??!!! MOVE for COOL-thulhu's sake! It's a Dice-game you gibbering cretin! GYAAAHHHHH! *rant off*...[or on as you see fit]... angrygoo

Ahh, I see you've played with my husband.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We just have an absolutely zero-policy for AP when we play games. There's just no reason to tolerate it.

If someone has this issue, I simply don't invite them.

Life's too short to wait for someone to run through every permutation of strategic choices.

Board games (for me, anyway) already present several annoyances that I can barely tolerate (having to learn rules constantly, trying to find opponents, dealing with problem players) that adding the grim specter of AP just isn't something I'm going to tolerate. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally quit playing one guy. C&C Ancients took 2 hours, Age of Napoleon 8 or 9 hours, Battleline, a 15 minute filler, 45 minutes. Yet when it was my turn, he knew exactly what he'd do if he were me within seconds and would tell me. One time he got upset because I didn't follow his advice. I told him, I was gonna go get something to eat and he should play out the game and let me know who won when I got back. I haven't seen him in 4 years. We had an opportunity to reconnect last year at Vance von Borries home for preview of one of VvBs new projects but he didn't show after he found I was invited as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had to stop playing Settlers of Catan at lunch because we couldn't even get to 8 points in an hour. One guy made it seem like every trade was a matter of life or death. Same thing with Bang. We tried playing No Thanks instead, and it actually got worse. Pausing to count up how many chips have been played on a card is one thing. But when the first card of the game is a 19 and it takes you a few minutes to decide to finally play your chip you've got a serious case of AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.