Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We aren't going ANYWHERE today, there's ice on the roads and quite frankly, I do not care to drive on ice. Or experience other people who drive on it. Especially up close & personal like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmb
We're supposed to get a nasty storm tonight. I've already decided that I'm not driving to work tomorrow morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My cook has decided that pancakes & bacon are the order of the day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:

You are lucky you have ice as defense...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was -27 C here, yesterday afternoon, and we had relatives coming over for a meal.
I took a bag of ice (for drinks) out of my deep freeze and set it outside on the front step, along with a case of beer, to help save room in the refrigerator. Briliant plan on my part.
When the doorbell rang 40 minutes later, my brother-in-law told me that the ice on the front step was playing havoc with the temperature outside, and that I should bring it inside, so the weather could warm up outside.

Then, this morning, I get a surprise phone call from my mother who is on a two-week vacation in Mexico.
"Hi," she says. "Everything is fine but I wanted to let you know that it is 30 degrees (Celcius) here right now."
"It's 30 here right now, too," I told her. "Minus 30".

Thanks for the reminder, mom!
angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Celinashope wrote:

You are lucky you have ice as defense...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:

On my way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will be -9 tonight.

We've had 111" of snow (second highest on record)

I haven't seen a blade of grass in our yard since early November.

If it melts too fast, flooding may be historic.

At least I don't have to go to work tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It was -15C yesterday in my neck of the woods. I'm stopped at a light and a 75 year old man gets out of his parked car in shorts, a baseball cap, and an open jacket. You gotta love Canadians.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wearing shorts and flip-flops.

It is currently 70 degrees outside today.

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

Well, I'm wearing shorts - no flip flops though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
DKahnt wrote:

-DK

Well, I'm wearing shorts - no flip flops though

My boss wears flip flops at work. She leaves a pair in her office for days she has to wear boots in. So that might be cheating.

In the summer I'm a bare foot man everywhere I can be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:

My wife just announced that we're having "breakfast for dinner" this evening. It's one of our more popular meals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it falls on me and pins me underneath it, does that still count as seizing the day?
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Celinashope wrote:
We aren't going ANYWHERE today, there's ice on the roads and quite frankly, I do not care to drive on ice. Or experience other people who drive on it. Especially up close & personal like.

We ended up skipping church this morning since it's almost 20 miles away. The snow was not nearly as heavy as predicted (about 2" for us instead of the 5-8" forecast), but I still didn't want to get out with the sleet that came down before the snow.

It's supposed to get down to -7 deg. F in our area tonight, and combined with a 15-20mph wind, the wind chills will be around -20 to -25 in the morning. So school has been canceled for Monday since they don't want the kids standing out waiting for the bus in that. Plus, at my daughter's high school they have to walk between buildings to change classes, which I'm sure is not fun. That will make the sixth day off for snow this year. My kids don't like it because all those days have to be made up and now they'll be in school in June.

Funny thing is, the daytime highs later this weak will be in the mid-to-upper 40's. This show should we gone by next weekend. I'm hoping this is the last blast from Old Man Winter for this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally the most important part.

Drew1365 wrote:
This is the most important part:

Celinashope wrote:
Or experience other people who drive on it.

Sorry to hear about your car.

I made my husband a set of earmuffs today, he's made pretzel bread & is now roasting a chicken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Switzerland
Buchs
St. Gallen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Haver PhoDOGrapher
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was the only one in the office at 8:00 since I live half a mile away. A couple people are staying home with their kids because the schools and day cares are closed. There was a couple inches of snow over a layer of ice on my car and the roads.

Fortunately our office manager decided to take up knitting this winter and made everybody hats. I asked if she would make me a Jayne Hat. She said, "What's that?"
"I betcha you can google it"

Last week she brought it in. I wore it today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's terrifying. I'm never driving in Russia.

School was cancelled today, so we are wallowing in bandwidth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
I was the only one in the office at 8:00 since I live half a mile away. A couple people are staying home with their kids because the schools and day cares are closed. There was a couple inches of snow over a layer of ice on my car and the roads.

Fortunately our office manager decided to take up knitting this winter and made everybody hats. I asked if she would make me a Jayne Hat. She said, "What's that?"
"I betcha you can google it"

Last week she brought it in. I wore it today.

I betcha you've got Vera racked next to your bunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
This Florida boy woke up in Duluth, MN this morning. It was -24 deg. F outside. If it were 50 degrees warmer, the water would STILL BE FROZEN. The snow plows have created 6 ft. tall barricades around all streets. The ice on Lake Superior is probably measured in feet, not inches. This is making me even more of an AGW denier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
This Florida boy woke up in Duluth, MN this morning. It was -24 deg. F outside. If it were 50 degrees warmer, the water would STILL BE FROZEN. The snow plows have created 6 ft. tall barricades around all streets. The ice on Lake Superior is probably measured in feet, not inches. This is making me even more of an AGW denier.

Then what about the record-setting warm temperatures in Alaska, Australia, Eurasia, etc? Duluth, Minnesota isn't the globe. The plural of anecdote is not data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
Bearcat89 wrote:

Then what about the record-setting warm temperatures in Alaska, Australia, Eurasia, etc? Duluth, Minnesota isn't the globe. The plural of anecdote is not data.

Oh, I am not saying that their are not places where it is warmer than usual or colder than usual. It's not warmer everywhere, is it? I just don't think that we can categorically place the blame on anything done by human beings. Some predictions about AGW have been so wrong, I cannot help but doubt the other predictions. And just like I don't think that mankind can cause climate changes on a global scale, I also don't think that mankind can do anything to "correct" it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bearcat89 wrote:
wifwendell wrote:
Bearcat89 wrote:

Oh, I am not saying that their are not places where it is warmer than usual or colder than usual. It's not warmer everywhere, is it? I just don't think that we can categorically place the blame on anything done by human beings. Some predictions about AGW have been so wrong, I cannot help but doubt the other predictions. And just like I don't think that mankind can cause climate changes on a global scale, I also don't think that mankind can do anything to "correct" it.

The last time the global average temperature was below the 20th century average was February 1985. One cold spell in a localized area doesn't disprove that.

But forget it, I should know better than to get into this sort of discussion with a self-described AGW denier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Pensacola
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ICE BABY!!

oh, sorry, thought that was the response you were looking for.

blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffreyac wrote:
ICE BABY!!

oh, sorry, thought that was the response you were looking for.

blush

Close! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.