Mage Wars Arena» Forums » Rules

Subject: Condition markers and removal. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A few questions now piled up about these markers and their effects.
First of all, from what i understand after reading the ruling about these a few times, you cannot remove them without certain spells and then you pay the cost that the marker has in the little grey circle.
On Daze for example it sais remove after acting though. And it still has a cost there. Does that mean you could choose to remov it before that with a spell and then pay the cost. Or if you dont you remove it regardless after acting and then not having to pay that mana cost?
And with cripple there is a little skull which i guess means poison or something hehe? What are the ruling there to remove etc?
And stun i suppose remove after you have acted( or not acted due to the stun that turn)?

Also i got a question about poison and poison damage.If something says you get a few points of poison damage like from the creature the warlock has( malacoth?) that has its zone poison damage each upkeep.Does that mean you get first the upkeep damage of 2 each round plus a poison condition or something that gives you extra damage each upkeep? I recall also getting poison damage from something else and wondering what happends after if you get extra damage each upkeep etc.

/Zol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some conditions will automatically be removed under certain conditions or roll a die to determine whether they will be removed after every time the creature activates. Daze is removed after the creature activates. No need to pay the cost if you're willing to wait.

The skull symbol means poison, so something with Poison Immunity would be immune to Cripple, Rot, Taint, Weak... Poison damage does not inflict a poison condition automatically. It will only inflict a poison condition if the source of the damage says so, whether from an effect die roll as part of an attack, or as another type of special effect. For example, Poison Gas Cloud does not inflict poison conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
martin andreasson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah ok, that clarifies a few things for me. Thank you for that.
And also regarding the poison question it is much clearer now. So in the case of the warlock monster Malacoth it would only mean you get 2 poison damage each upkeep IF you stand in his zone each round. Cool.
Thanks!
/Zol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some conditions have built in ways to remove them, such as Burn rolling a blank or Stun/Daze being removed at the end of the creature's action. Others can only be removed with another spell. Every condition could potentially be removed by a spell though, if you have the right spell. Most of these spells have you pay the removal cost, but not all of them. For instance, Geyser will remove Burns for free (other than it's normal casting cost).

Some conditions have a subtype. The most common is poison and has even been graced with a skull symbol on the markers to remind you. However, other subtypes exist, such as Burn being a Flame condition and Corrode being an Acid condition. If something has immunity to this subtype, you can not apply such conditions to it.

Poison damage is exactly what it says it is. It is simply damage with the poison sybtype. This allows it to be affected by traits like Poison Immunity, but otherwise it is simply damage. It does not apply any conditions unless the card says it does.

Regarding Malacoda, he may be a demon but he actually works best with the Necromancer. This is because the Warlock is not immune to Malacoda's poison damage, making it difficult to summon without taking at least 2 damage for doing so. Malacoda's effect will also hurt any of your other demons you have out, unlike with the Necromancer's undead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.