Subject: Reference material for painting? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Bauer
United States
Smyrna
Georgia
flag msg tools
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
badge
Colored baggies for your games, www.boardgamestorage.com.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reference material for painting these or are people just making things up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary James
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only reference material I could think of was the back story of each race in the rule book and the symbols used here and there in the race background and dotted around the rules. I incorporated some of the Hydran and Hegemony symbols into my schemes.

Beyond that some of the best reference is the pictures of other people's efforts - in the Ship Pack One gallery and forums, and some in the general Eclipse gallery and forums (most painted minis are in the creative gallery).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Townshend
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Gary said above, I've been looking through the rulebooks to make my choices, and on the forums.

I'm painting the basic (terran) ships from the main game right now in order to practice for Ship Pack One since it's been several years since I've painted anything. I've been looking closely at the pictures and the descriptions to make my choices.

For instance, I'm working on the Terran Conglomerate (white) today. Looking at the photo in the rulebook, the Conglomerate rep wears a kind of white kimono with light blue shading and a sort of light blue monocole. He has 3 red dots in his forehead. In the description, the Conglomerate is extremely wealthy, "a financial powerhouse."

So I'm painting those ships white and using a blue ink to give them definition. I haven't decided whether to incorporate the red dots into the color scheme, but I'm thinking not. I hope their ships turn out looking sleek and new.

One thing I love about Eclipse is how little it's defined. The factions, the past events, the ancients--they suggest an exciting and dramatic universe, but the particulars are all left to your imagination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.