Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

I didnt get in on the kickstarter unfortunately, and am now keen to start playing. Is it true that it won't be arriving in the UK for a few more months?

Additionally, do you think that the base game will get stale rather quickly? I'm not sure if I'd need to order some minion packs. I'm thinking of getting it from Funagain, I've sold off Warhammer Quest to fund it, as it seems to scratch a very similar itch but with modern mechanics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berry
United Kingdom
Whaley Bridge
High Peak
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the kickstarter and I believe the EU shipments are going out to backers in April. I would think that it would be available in UK stores shortly after.

If you're looking to get it from the US though I think you could potentially get your hands on it a fair bit sooner. The base games are starting to go out to US backers next week (in theory) so I would imagine US stores will start receiving stock in the next few weeks.

As to your replayability question, the base game comes with 5 stories to play through, each with 3 Acts so it sounds like you'd get at least 15 plays out of it at minimum. Given the sandbox nature of the game though, I wouldn't be suprised to see fan-made scenarios popping up pretty soon after release.

Hope that helps
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget there is also a couple "stand-alone" act quests that can be played additionnaly, so at least 20 2-3 hours game, that's pretty decent...

I would suggest you grab the Orcneas boos expansion right away though, as this does give you a bit more. Grabbing extra minions won't do much, aside from allowing you to fight more of them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Patterson
United States
Calimesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Regarding replayability: it should also be remembered that the story quest were included to provide more structure to those who want it. The MegaCon team actually debated about whether or not they should even be included. The core rules are designed to work with a free form, train of thought play style augmented with random quest cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.