Wolfgang Münder
msg tools
Do allies attend rumor quests? It is not stated in the rules and the rumor quests obviously can't refer to allies. I feel that allies could really throw rumor quest off balance...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

You're right; it would throw off the balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Descent 2nd Edition, Labyrinth of Ruin Rules and Quest Guide, Page 6, Allies wrote:
Labyrinth of Ruin introduces a new type of character that can join the heroes during their adventures called ALLIES. These characters are specific to the "Labyrinth of Ruin" campaign and only come into play through specific quests.

Emphasis mine.

If a quest doesn't explicitly note that the heroes' Ally is present in the Setup section of a quest, then he or she is not present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Münder
msg tools
I interpreted this passage to mean that you can only gain an ally in the LoR quest and, more specifically, in the second quest thereof. But from then on you have an ally.

However, I think it is meant like you said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.