Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read it at least once before (and have a feeling more often) - the Aiijii win the game a lot, and it's not unexpected. They just have so much going for them: gaining loads of money (any regular upkeep income + 1D6 roll = up to 6 more credits) is powerful already, but also being able to reroll any one command die in the encounter phase may be too much.

Compared to this, all the other races have just one increment in their upkeep or upgrade resource abilities changed: e.g. a reduced price of one ore less on upgrades (Sharnak), gaining one more ore from our controlled planets during upkeep (Wulfram).
The encounter abilities on the other races are also much more limited and apply for all of them to only one of the encounter phases, either attack, defense, OR discovering the type of an unknown planet, but the Aiijii can chose between all of these for their reroll.

I've been thinking about changing the Aiijii upkeep credit bonus from +1D6 to a +1D3, so it can only ever amount to 3 at most.

Not sure if that is enough already - maybe they need to be neutered a little in the encounter phase abilities, as well? Perhaps they could take another ability instead, which hasn't been taken yet, but goes with the others: Preventing a reroll (and/or adding of bonus to defense) of the defender when attacking. Rerolling the defense die is the Gaian Empire's ability, adding +1 to defense the one of the Purist Hegemony)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin..
mbmbmbmbmb

Modified Aiijii card.. worked for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you are probably right about the 1D3 tina

i wil change that the next time i update the files and release a new game update
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
twinfreak wrote:

Modified Aiijii card.. worked for us.

Interesting - 1D6-2 - is it intended that the risk is higher, but the potential gains as well? You could lose a credit if rolling a 1, get none at all if rolling a 2 (or depending on how you interpret negative values, just get nothing on a 1 or 2), but gain up to 4?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick aka
United States
East coast
flag msg tools
Y
badge
Pumpkin..
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can go negative.. it's intended to add tension to using that race card. One of the down sides to being a "high roller", I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rolling a negative amount does also fit the idea of commerce trading. sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

very good idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.