Subject: Upon Completion timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Rasch
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say you have 3 craftsman actions. On the 1st craftsman action, you finish a building that has an "upon completion" effect. Does that effect trigger instantly, or do you wait til you have finished all your craftsman actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
I always play with it being triggered immediately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Vitek
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It triggers upon completion, before moving on to the next action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Furthermore, it's "use it or lose it". If it says "Upon Completion, may...." (which IIRC, they all say "may" in there), you don't have to do it then, but then the effect is forfeit. You can't save it for any later time.

Actually, even if it didn't say "may", it'd be mandatory, but you wouldn't be able to defer it to a later time anyways.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Liu
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think every action in the game is a "may" except for thinking, which acts as a countdown to game end. Every other action you can do fully, in part, or not at all.

For example, with two Laborer actions (following the role + 1 client), you can choose to take 0, 1, or 2 materials from the pool into your stockpile. This can be important if you want to Patron a certain client on your next leadership, so you strategically leave it in the pool for yourself.

I do agree that "upon completion" resolves immediately, before any subsequent actions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Welllllllllll........... There are timing ambiguities, and the basic rule is Yes, you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.