Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Taylor
United States
Somerset
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this one Friday Night and again Saturday. And wow, I love it. So much fun you don't even care if you win or lose. The only slight complaint i have is that we seem to be already repeating some of the same encounters after only two games. It seems the "dice roll plus the number of the space you occupy plus extra for destinly level" number always equals 5, 6, or 7. I probably ran into 4 or 5 "flying creatures, matrix J" in the course of the game.

There is so much cool shit that you see happening in the book, but yet we never got to any of it. We only got to draw 1 treasure total in the course of two games, and never got into any of the special marked locations on the map. Hopefully this will improve with more players, and we get some more variety going. But I still really love the game! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
varthanna
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An understandable complaint. The best way to mitigate it is by switching up the "time of day" the next time you play. Try starting during Noon or Night for different encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tomo jacobson
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, i agree... especially that the further you are in the game the less chances you have to roll low encounter number!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spunXtain wrote:
Played this one Friday Night and again Saturday. And wow, I love it. So much fun you don't even care if you win or lose. The only slight complaint i have is that we seem to be already repeating some of the same encounters after only two games. It seems the "dice roll plus the number of the space you occupy plus extra for destinly level" number always equals 5, 6, or 7. I probably ran into 4 or 5 "flying creatures, matrix J" in the course of the game.

I'd just put that down to luck.

Maybe you need to travel to more exotic locations with higher numbers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Ritz
United States
Kelseyville
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since your original post, but I thought I would comment.

Someone above commented changing the time of day with each play. I have been using a rule where you change the time of day with each ROUND of play. That way you see all three several times during one game.

I too wished that treasure and special places came up more often, but if I'm honest, the way it is makes it UBER special when the do come up and I get wicked excited for anyone who gets the privilege during a game.

Here's to hoping you still enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.