Subject: 3 Games while learning the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Wadsworth
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Game 1
Forgetting they could move twice a turn, the minions moved 2 squares per turn, instead of 4. This ment the spies had no trouble getting anywhere they fancied, and poor camera placement (4 middle squares) stopped them racking up alerts.
The spies decided to cut the power, and it was a long time until an engineer could spawn to put it back on, but it was too late, the spies were already on their way out with the 4 intel they'd collected (6 points to win) with around 30 minutes left on the timer.

Game 2
Learning from prior mistakes, the base controller had better positioning on his camera's, and even included a guard as a sentry outside the canteen (which has a line of sight to the main door).
Turn 1, I (as the British guy) sneaked up to the sentry and took him out with a sneak attack.
To see multiple aspects of the game, there then proceeded multiple turns of me trying to open the canteen door, and getting spotted by the camera, pushing the alter to Amber, at which point we renoticed the rule regarding 3 minions spawning and from there it went down hill quickly.
It wasn't until this point it was apparent how important trying to keep the alert on green is for the spies.

Game 3
Noticing that the base controller had put the secret tunnel in the canteen, I decided to play the American. Turn 1 I revealed myself, walked into the corridor and surrendered.
I "found" a secret tunnel in the prison block after taking the intel there, jumped to the boss's office, took the intel there, and to the canteen and took my third there. Taking a guard out in hand to hand I grabbed his machine gun, unfortunately after being wounded, there were a few traps outside, and set one off, thankfully not being knocked out by it.
There followed several turns being stood by the main door gunning down guard after guard after guard that came at me, waiting for the other spy to grab an American, or Red bit of Intel to get us the points to win.
A break in the fighting allowed me to actually unlock the main door, as the other spy found the intel, got captured and used the escape tunnel to get to the canteen, they managed to fight their way out of the canteen slowly, receiving a wound and a stun on their way, including a lucky hit from a scientist on their tea break.
Crawling to the door, we noticed two more turns would see us to freedom, and while running and gunning hadn't taken much time, the fact 2 components of the doomsday weapon had been completed ment we were down to 8 minutes.
The scientists, working full pelt the entire second half of the game (including suiciding themselves on us in the canteen so they could respawn) had to make 1 roll out of 4 in their last turn to complete the final component, and in fact the weapon completely.
3rd roll out of 4 was a success, meaning the game was over for the spies, just as they were stood by the door ready to leave...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.