Subject: Orleans Game Group - Thursday, March 6th 2014 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
Why why why didn't I set up a RRGSP! (Registered Retired Gamer Saving Plan)
badge
So many games.... so little time...
mbmbmbmbmb
The next session of the Orleans Game Group will be held on Thursday March 6th, 2014!

Bring your new games, or knock the dust off of some of your old ones! laugh

We usually start just after 6:30 and go 'til about 10:00pm.

The address is: The Canadian Legion, Branch 632 - Orleans, 800 Taylor Creek Road.

We meet upstairs. There is a bar and snacks and now hot food is also sometimes available so please don't bring in something from outside.

You should also bring $2.00 as a donation for the Legion.

Also, please thumb up this post to move it to the boardgamegeek front page to attract more gamers and tell your friends to come out and play!

Please note that hats are not allowed in the Legion and that one must dress and act respectfully.

You can see our schedule as well as other local gamers nights via the Ottawa Area Gamers Guild's Calendar on BGG - click here -> http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/199

We are also listed on the Ottawa Geek Social Club! http://www.meetup.com/ottawa-geek-social-club/events/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Cameron and I should be there. Picked up a couple games at the Geek Market this past weekend - Jamaica & Hanabi (even though both have appeared at game club before, I'm happy to have them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Hartwick
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm 50/50 this week - got a pretty game-filled weekend with stuff on friday, saturday, and sunday so not sure if I want to front-load it with an "appetizer" on thursday as well ;p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Cherry
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
I should be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kieswetter
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Hartwick
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning on coming out tonight. If anyone has alhambra I'd be interested to play it tonight, h ave played a few times and it seems like a good game. Would also be up for another swing at zooleretto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kieswetter
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darcy, can you bring your copy of 7 Wonders?
I am specifically curious to compare the cards from your set to mine, to see if I can integrate the guild and age cards from the English Leaders expansion into my German base set.

My cursor has been hovering above the "add to cart" button for the Löwenedition Version of Zooloretto for a couple weeks now. So, I too would love to give it one more whirl - before pulling the trigger

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
aitrus wrote:
I am planning on coming out tonight. If anyone has alhambra I'd be interested to play it tonight, h ave played a few times and it seems like a good game. Would also be up for another swing at zooleretto.

I have both Alhambra and Zooleretto I can bring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Hartwick
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe we were 11 last night.

Round 1:
Alhambra 3 player
Something 4 player?
Something 4 player?

Round 2:
Zooleretto 5 player
Formula Day (D?) 6 player

Round 3:
7 wonders 4 player
Jungle escape 4 player
Jaipur 3 player?

I was in on Alhambra, where beginner's luck ruled the day. Then Zooleretto, or should I say skill-leretto, and finally 7-wonders where we learned that getting 55 points from your science and 16 off of 2 measly military cards is pretty good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chapple
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aitrus wrote:

Round 1:
Alhambra 3 player
Something 4 player?
Something 4 player?

Round 2:
Zooleretto 5 player

Round 3:
7 wonders 4 player
Jungle escape 4 player
Jaipur 3 player?

I was in on Alhambra, where beginner's luck ruled the day. Then Zooleretto, or should I say skill-leretto, and finally 7-wonders where we learned that getting 55 points from your science and 16 off of 2 measly military cards is pretty good.

Formula D.
Jungle Ascent followed by For Sale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chapple
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Also...while logging my plays last night, i noticed that since i started keeping track in Feb 2013 the next new game i play will be my 100th different game. Kind of a milestone feel to it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Hartwick
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CHAOS i AM wrote:
Formula D.

Everyone at our table kept saying "formula day" and that it was the american version of formula D with guns...

was I just being trolled or were there some dazed and confused folks in the room last night? :p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Cherry
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
I was not attempting to troll, and I was attempting to day "Dé", not "Day". But I was also dazed and sleepy.

The points of comparison are here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/37904/formula-d

and here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/173/formula-de

with the relevant sentence being here:

Formula D adds a few items that are not in the original Formula De: There is the added excitement of illegal racing in the streets of big cities - anything goes! This adds custom cars, nitro acceleration, drifting in the curves, dirty tricks, gun battles, and trash on the road to add more variation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Cherry
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
PS: I feel the group should make some sort of effort to ensure that Jason's 100th game be as ridiculous as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Jones
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
CHAOS i AM wrote:
aitrus wrote:

Round 1:
Alhambra 3 player
Something 4 player?
Something 4 player?

Round 2:
Zooleretto 5 player

Round 3:
7 wonders 4 player
Jungle escape 4 player
Jaipur 3 player?

Formula D.
Jungle Ascent followed by For Sale

Round 0:
Coup - 4 player

Round 1:
Alhambra - 3 player
Jamaica - 4 player
Time Something or other - 4 player?

Round 2:
Zooleretto - 5 player
Formula De (D?) - 6 player

Round 3:
7 wonders - 4 player
Jungle escape & For Sale - 4 player
Jaipur & Hanabi - 2 player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time Something or Other - 4 player? was Time Line

I've edited this (several times whistle) to add the link for those who were wondering where I got them printed - It's Drive Thru Cards...
www.drivethrucards.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chapple
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JiveCherry wrote:
PS: I feel the group should make some sort of effort to ensure that Jason's 100th game be as ridiculous as possible.

I'm holding out for something good....something epic!

As far as shooting goes in Formula D, if you are using the street racing map and rules there is a section of the circuit where if you end you turn, someone in one of the highrise buildings takes a shot at you. If you look closely at the art on the board you can see the silhouette of a person with a rifle in an apartment window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Beetham
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CHAOS i AM wrote:

I've got it! I'm sure he hasn't played it yet - and it's PERFECT!

All in favour of Candy Land raise their hands - it'll be memorable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kieswetter
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rjbeeth wrote:
CHAOS i AM wrote:

I've got it! I'm sure he hasn't played it yet - and it's PERFECT!

All in favour of Candy Land raise their hands - it'll be memorable!

HAHA! This week's thread is slowly spiraling into the land of ridiculous and I love it

This also makes me want to check my stats and see how many different games I have played (nowhere near 100, but I feel I should start planning for that memorable 100th game now ...)

EDIT: Apparently I have played 82 different games so far. Way more than I expected!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Kieswetter
Canada
Orleans
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rjbeeth wrote:
Time Something or Other - 4 player? was Time Line

I've edited this (several times whistle) to add the link for those who were wondering where I got them printed - It's Drive Thru Cards...
www.drivethrucards.com

Thank you for sharing the link. Bookmarked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darcy Hartwick
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Made me check too... I apparently own 29 games, and have played 52 (not counting any kids games)so I'm just one behind stephen at 81.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chapple
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
aitrus wrote:
Made me check too... I apparently own 29 games, and have played 52 (not counting any kids games)so I'm just one behind stephen at 81.

I didn't necessarily count all the games in my collection, plus all the games not in my collection that I played. I only counted games that I played since I started logging plays. I will definitely be over 100 if i go back and add in games I own that I have played, but not since i started keeping track. Follow?? I guess it's more a celebration of logging 100 different games. Still relevant to me!

Candyland...really? You guys would do that to me? LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chapple
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, it turns out there are 14 games in my collection that I have played, but not since I started logging plays. So...unofficially, that puts me at 113 different games, but if I am going unofficial...well...there are many other different games that I've played at the club or elsewhere prior to logging my plays, so I'm sure the number is much higher. I would guess at least half again as much, if not double.

None of that counts though. It's like it never happened. All that matters is what I've logged, so...I'm at 99 officially.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Chapple
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
100th game was...Renaissance Man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.