Subject: BattleGUIDES Episode 10: Runika rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As you guys can see, this one took a BIT long because of all the graphical improvements I decided to give the series!

What do you guys think?

Anyway, enjoy the video!

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCmNuTPDDSc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Top marks for enthusiasm, as usual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Top marks for enthusiasm, as usual

Thank you! At least it's not boring to listen to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been enjoying these. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpareTire wrote:
I've been enjoying these. Thanks!

No problem! I sure hope it's helped you gain a better appreciation of the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Pillow Demon
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You mention this early on and I totally agree: she has below-average mobility so it can be tough for her to score hits on enemies.

It's funny because I think this is her secret weak spot. Combined with her styles' complete lack of range bonus, it gets hard for her to pin down maneuverable enemies. What makes it funnier is that - at least against my brothers - her Phase Goggles are a low-priority target. Opponents usually opt for deactivating the Autodeflector or the Hover Boots first, when I think her real edge in trades comes from sneaking in hits from just out of expected range.

Great video!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leaf Ninja wrote:
You mention this early on and I totally agree: she has below-average mobility so it can be tough for her to score hits on enemies.

It's funny because I think this is her secret weak spot. Combined with her styles' complete lack of range bonus, it gets hard for her to pin down maneuverable enemies. What makes it funnier is that - at least against my brothers - her Phase Goggles are a low-priority target. Opponents usually opt for deactivating the Autodeflector or the Hover Boots first, when I think her real edge in trades comes from sneaking in hits from just out of expected range.

Great video!

Thank you!

If anyone out there wants to know, beating Runka is as easy as:

1) Stun Guard
Given everything, her MAXIMUM damage output is 7 (with Overcharged Strike) Without Overcharged, it's 6 (with Explosive Strike). Otherwise, she is never dealing above 5 damage.

Your Strike will literally eat most of her moves but TWO (one of which gimps her the rest of the game).

Eat the attack, disable them Goggles.

2) Positioning
Just dance around her. She has the WORST range ever. Seriously. I had a hard time hitting the dumb random opponents in BattleQUEST. She only has 2 Styles that give her bonus effective range: Impact and Explosive.

If those are down, have a FIELD DAY, especially if Phase Goggles are down.

Runika NEEDS to hit and stun to function. Finding a way to trade with her results in you winning against her, most of the time.

Seriously, though, if someone doesn't stop you at the start by doing either, you will WRECK FACE. Instant win attacks most of the time. Overcharged Drive wins almost EVERYTHING.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hellena Handbasket
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Runika's interesting. I wouldn't much care for her if it wasn't for that finisher that resets her equipment. It seems like it's a real game changer for her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Santos
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zamnath wrote:
Runika's interesting. I wouldn't much care for her if it wasn't for that finisher that resets her equipment. It seems like it's a real game changer for her.

Like I said in the video, it's easy pickings.

She plays it and it's just "instant winning" 2 beats in a row.

The key is just knowing when to hit her with a Pulse. I never really suggest using your Overdrive Finish/Cancel on her because her Overdrive is just that scary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.