United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
Shunning Bandersnatches Daily
badge
Gamer Girl: "I've Touched Boob Today"
mbmbmbmbmb
Westerly, the parody of the pixelated prairie O-Trail of SVGA yesteryear board game, just celebrated Weekend of the Westerly Undead offering some of the cheapest 'Vanity' pledges ever on The Kick (Of course, dem undead ain't very purty in the vanity department. ) I thought it neat if those 'Welcome to the Dedsterlings' shared what zombified ideas they had in store for those dark nights on the 'Trope Trail' for the tongue-in-decayed-cheek expansion.

When those coyotes go silent - that's when the real Catastrophic Damage begins...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, fellow backer! Bradley Zakany here, founder and Backer and Commenter of Westerly: the best damn applied parody of a classic game on Earth. How good is the parody here? Get a load of this: I'm dead! Now, you're probably asking yourself, Bradley, how is that possible? Are you some manner of Dracula? Or a Frankenstein? Or, depending on your cultural heritage, a Asiula or Muslimstein? Nope! Just Voodoo magics. As of this morning, I have been resurrected inside as a Zombie. That aside, situation drunk. Keep backing those exploding lemons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Lafferty
msg tools
Alive...dead...I'm just happy to have more folks jump in' in the wagon! Can't wait to hear all of your gruesome stories. I've got my pencils sharpened and I'm just waiting to craft a whole slew of recently undead folks to take on even our grittiest of pioneer players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In all honesty, that was just a modified Cave Johnson Quote. From the DLC.

I will probably go with being a kilt wearing brewer of a zombie that wants your booze. I suppose my zombified sell would be extremely flammable, even compared to other zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in for a zombie card.

I have a few ideas knocking around in my head but not decided on any one thing yet.

I wonder how many people will have Western zombies and how many will have completely random out-there zombies to match the weirdnesses of the other expansions...?

Bradley! Do you plan on having a rice cooker on your Zombie card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably should. Also, one coin for the reference to another kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, here is exactly what I wrote to the Westerly Boys:

demonbunny3po wrote:
Latest photos of me taken moments ago.
Things of interest to include:
A kilt
A jar of moonshine
A porkpie hat

I love kilts, I make booze and store it in mason jars, and I own a porkpie hat and that style of hat seems appropriate to the rough time period. Let me know if you would like anything extra. Or a full body shot.

We shall see what comes out of it together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Invisibler Seventyfive
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Ahhhhh more victims! I mean pledges! Please step into this machine which totally won't turn you into a brain hungry undead horror. Seriously, it totally won't! zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am the only one to really show off my face. And it is another weekend for undeads. This time, the production of Undead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a zombified image of myself:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hai Kulture
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1OO% Proof Brainshine!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome Bradley!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HaiKulture wrote:
1OO% Proof Brainshine!!!!

Since you brought it up, proofing of alcohol is double the value of the percentage of alcohol. So, 100% alcohol is 200 proof (impossible to achieve the best you can get is ~195 proof). Moonshine, as a whiskey, will typically be around the 70 proof mark. I would say brainshine would be around 60-65 proof. I know about booze.

@Waggly I can only take credit for being awesome. Ian is the awesome artist that makes awesome art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Invisibler Seventyfive
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thank ya kindly sir. Course, if you decide to attempt 195 proof liquor let me know. We'll call it an experiment in pre-mortem pickling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hai Kulture
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL I know how proofing works even though hard liquor tastes like gasoline

I was just saying that Zombie Bradley has half a brain Ho ho ho! *hug*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes he does. You can see it too. Clearly some cheapskate blew off part of my head after knocking my eye out before running off with some of me shine. Then a dog stole my finger! I liked my pinkie finger. I used it to appear fancy while drinking tea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Invisibler Seventyfive
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
All I'm sayin is that Zombies and stills don't normally have a great working relationship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Zakany
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you think I am such a success? I am one of the few that can do the work without myself becoming a flaming beacon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.