6 Posts

Tide of Iron: Stalingrad» Forums » General

Subject: Soviet Leader cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dennis maclaren

Oregon
msg tools
Any plans on making Leader cards for the Soviets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Indeed; the Germans have them as do the Americans and British, so yeah, [eventually] the Russians should too. Good call!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
we actually had leader cards for the Stalingrad expansion but there wasn't time to play test them and build proper decks for them.
we will come back to leaders just not right away

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
But please, don't do leaders the same way as in Normandy.

In Normandy you could replace any strategy deck with the appropriate leader deck if you wanted to. However, I find such things to tweak the balance of the scenario to much. Replace command I with tank-busting deck and any scenario with victory condition 'destroy X tanks' becomes 10 times easier for one side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Boersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grand Stone wrote:
But please, don't do leaders the same way as in Normandy.

In Normandy you could replace any strategy deck with the appropriate leader deck if you wanted to. However, I find such things to tweak the balance of the scenario to much. Replace command I with tank-busting deck and any scenario with victory condition 'destroy X tanks' becomes 10 times easier for one side.

I agree. Scenarios should be specifically designed to use such decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill jaffe
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed, my plan is for leader specific decks or decks the leaders may chose to use that wouldn't unbalance scenarios to much

bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.