Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Romer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm considering running a dominion build in the next event. I've run each faction once except dominion at this venue, so I'd like to give it a go. I'd like to take advantage of pairing the 4th division battleship with a 5th division patrol ship so I can use the battleship's ability. Here's what I'm looking at.

Admiral's Orders: United Forces
4th Division Battleship (36)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Omet'iklan (0)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)

5th Wing Patrol Ship
Gelnon (3)
Ikat'Ika (5)
Shroud (1)
Phased Polaron Beam - Battlship Version (0)

Hideki Class Attack Squadron (20)

Total: 100 (+10 for UF)

The idea is that Gul Dukat's free BS + Boheeka + Omet'Iklan is going to make this ship hit like a hammer. If ships aren't in the firing arc Dorsal weapons array should routinely hit with all dice. Gelnon on the 5th wing should allow that ship to do more damage using his action. Adding Ikat'Ika and Shroud will hopefully help survivability since I plan to do a lot of engagement at range 1. Most of the ships I fight aren't cloaked so Phased Polaron Beam should help a lot. Then the Hideki Class Squad should just be a good helper all around.

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
LoneWolfPR wrote:
So I'm considering running a dominion build in the next event. I've run each faction once except dominion at this venue, so I'd like to give it a go. I'd like to take advantage of pairing the 4th division battleship with a 5th division patrol ship so I can use the battleship's ability. Here's what I'm looking at.
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Omet'iklan (0)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
5th Wing Patrol Ship
Gelnon (3)
Ikat'Ika (5)
Shroud (1)
The idea is that Gul Dukat's free BS + Boheeka + Omet'Iklan is going to make this ship hit like a hammer. If ships aren't in the firing arc Dorsal weapons array should routinely hit with all dice. Gelnon on the 5th wing should allow that ship to do more damage using his action. Adding Ikat'Ika and Shroud will hopefully help survivability since I plan to do a lot of engagement at range 1. Most of the ships I fight aren't cloaked so Phased Polaron Beam should help a lot. Then the Hideki Class Squad should just be a good helper all around.

I think you'll have a lot of fun with this build.
Today just for fun I ran a two ship build using the generic battleship and generic Keldon. I put Picard, Scott, Chekov and dorsal weapons on the battleship (along with a couple of other upgrades), and Dukat, Boheeka, the dorsal weapons and anti-proton scan on the Keldon. The battleship was 60 points, and the Keldon was 40. I was only running two ships, and certainly didn't feel out-gunned. I think I had one range one attack with nine dice. Needless to say, it was kinda cool.

You won't have Scott to add the extra two dice to the battleship, but you'll be starting the game with a third attack of six.

Just be careful when maneuvering the battleship. I've been running the Enterprise D since OP2, so I'm used to barges, but in one of the games I still managed to fly it off the board.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Spurrier
msg tools
mbmbmb
It looks really good. My only thought would be to take out the Tetryon Emissions and put in Captured Intelligence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Romer
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Arrr wrote:
It looks really good. My only thought would be to take out the Tetryon Emissions and put in Captured Intelligence.

I've been considering it. I just can't decide if I'd rather have the opportunity basically make the battleship a 3 agility if I need to or the 1 off buff that CI gives. CI is nice because it doesn't take an action, but I only get it once. Tetryon Emissions requires an Action, but I can use Dukat's regular action to use it and still drop an evade or battlestations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
LoneWolfPR wrote:
Captain_Arrr wrote:

I've been considering it. I just can't decide if I'd rather have the opportunity basically make the battleship a 3 agility if I need to or the 1 off buff that CI gives. CI is nice because it doesn't take an action, but I only get it once. Tetryon Emissions requires an Action, but I can use Dukat's regular action to use it and still drop an evade or battlestations.

It probably won't make too much difference which way you go, but I think I'd keep the Tetryon Emissions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You'll still need to re-enable it though, remember.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I would replace the patrol ship with the Kraxon. With those extra 4 shields, your Battleship will be able to last longer and take out one enemy ship per round (with help from the fighters if needed).

Putting another Tetryon Emmissions on the Kraxon will help with that ship's survival as well!

Just my thoughts...

LoneWolfPR wrote:

Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Omet'iklan (0)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)

5th Wing Patrol Ship
Gelnon (3)
Ikat'Ika (5)
Shroud (1)

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Vess
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
I tried something like this out the other day and it worked amazingly.

Admiral's Order: United Force (0)
Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Weyoun-7(5)
Captured Intelligence (3)
Ikat'Ika (4)
Omet'Iklan (4)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 56

5th Wing Patrol Ship (22)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Antiproton Scan (4)
Ship SP: 33

Total Build SP: 109

With both the 4th division and the patrol ship moving at the same time, you choosing which moves when, you can more than guarantee that the patrol ship would be in range to get it's free action. this also applies to shooting as well, you can unload on a ship with the battleship, then finish it off with 4/5(ship has no shields left or range 1 with shields)/6(range 1 with no shields) dice from the patrol ship after bumping it up.

For defense since the battleship is the most points, and the potential target of a BOF strike, you can ikat the rolls and then if you need to use CI to get an evade on the battleship and a dice (because it says before any defense dice are rolled.. and you haven't rolled any yet )

Omet is on the ship to guarantee at least a hit due to most of the actions on the ship being battlestations.

The patrol and the fighters should be enough to make anyone leery of coming up your battleships backside as they both can do a quick turn around and unload with lots of attack dice of their own in a combined barrage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice build Sean!

I would try to add Tetryon Emissions instead of antiproton scan; it will allow your patrol ship to last much longer...

Besides that, nice build!

Only weakness: you run across a rare fleet with two heavy hitters with higher captains (A Picard (9) with a Martok (8-9)) Between those two captitol ships, they have a chance to blow your Battleship away before it can fire... IF they have an O'Brien to neutralize your Ikat'Ika :-)

FallenTurtle wrote:
I tried something like this out the other day and it worked amazingly.

Admiral's Order: United Force (0)
Resource: Hideki Class Attack Fighters (20)

Weyoun-7(5)
Captured Intelligence (3)
Ikat'Ika (4)
Omet'Iklan (4)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 56

5th Wing Patrol Ship (22)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Antiproton Scan (4)
Ship SP: 33

Total Build SP: 109

With both the 4th division and the patrol ship moving at the same time, you choosing which moves when, you can more than guarantee that the patrol ship would be in range to get it's free action. this also applies to shooting as well, you can unload on a ship with the battleship, then finish it off with 4/5(ship has no shields left or range 1 with shields)/6(range 1 with no shields) dice from the patrol ship after bumping it up.

For defense since the battleship is the most points, and the potential target of a BOF strike, you can ikat the rolls and then if you need to use CI to get an evade on the battleship and a dice (because it says before any defense dice are rolled.. and you haven't rolled any yet )

Omet is on the ship to guarantee at least a hit due to most of the actions on the ship being battlestations.

The patrol and the fighters should be enough to make anyone leery of coming up your battleships backside as they both can do a quick turn around and unload with lots of attack dice of their own in a combined barrage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd suggest Tetryons as well. Drop the ApS to add Tetryons. IIRC, they cost 3pts and then you have 2pts left over for the trusty Breen Aide on the Battleship. With so many dice being rolled, being able to set 2 blanks to a hit is probably a good idea. Klingons roll lots of dice and pray they hit (or Drex). More civilized peoples don't rely on big dice rolls. We gather an adequate amount and then make them more accurate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.