David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please post what you'd like to receive in the mail if you put out $115+shipping on the highest level for the Tokaido KS campaign.

My ideal setup:

- NICE box. I dunno. Maybe wooden, I don't know what the price of that
kind of stuff is, but I'd like a collector's ed. box.
- A well thought out divided insert or integrated divided system
- Painted minis for original, expansion & any characters that are
unlocked
- Colored rubber footies for the minis matching player score tokens
- Digital Album, (CDs are nice, but I don't use them.)
- Metal Coins & purse
- New plastic score tokens
- Bigger board
- Easier scoring track
- New artwork making the spaces easier to determine one from the other
- Better organized to include crossroads expansion
- Digital art book

I'd be very happy to spend $115 on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
This post should be listed here: Tokaido Collector's Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies! I did not know that cropped up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydcomebak wrote:
Apologies! I did not know that cropped up!

No worries.

Just geekmail an admin and ask for it to be moved. And BTW, I like your suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I flagged it at the top for "Wrong Forum".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Id like to see one board with the expansion integrated and things clearly labeled as to which spot on the board they go with. Id also like rubber colored pieces for minis suggestion. No interest in paying the premium for a wooden box and I prefer the current component size for playability and reduced cost. Id have no interest in a 200-300 dollar collectors edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peck
United States
Frisco
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dan, the question was about what you would like to see in the $115 Samurai Lvl Backing for the KS campaign. I'm not sure where the $200-$300 comes from...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sydcomebak wrote:
Dan, the question was about what you would like to see in the $115 Samurai Lvl Backing for the KS campaign. I'm not sure where the $200-$300 comes from...

I understand, but youre not getting a wooden box and enlarged components for anywhere near $115

This comment isnt specific to you but ive seen quite a few people wanting a lot of things that arent realistic at $115

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- doesitplay -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden box seems unlikely, for starters due to the extra shipping costs that this would bring. Also the extra cost for the wooden box itself might prove to be prohibitive.

What I would like:
- Bigger board to better suit the miniatures (and the expansion attached to it)
- Actual different miniatures/characters(so not 2 miniatures for one character)
- Cards of better quality/bigger size

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Tokaido to Tokaido Collector's Edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what this new project needs specifically, but the Samurai level needs to have some serious chrome for me to want to spend that much.

Although I'm probably spoiled since the Ogre kickstarter cost me $15 less and came with all this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donkler wrote:
I don't know what this new project needs specifically, but the Samurai level needs to have some serious chrome for me to want to spend that much.

Although I'm probably spoiled since the Ogre kickstarter cost me $15 less and came with all this:

Steve Jackson lost money on that project. Certain impressive, but I actually sold my ogre because it was so big. A semi deluxe version which had a more normal sized box I likely would have kept.

I feel the same way about Tokaido. Its a great lightweight family game with amazing style and artwork, but there's not enough game there for me to take up a huge amount of shelf space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, the stuff they've currently announced (16 NEW characters, unique art on the repeat cards) is enough. For Samurai, 32 prepainted minis is enough. However, if they want to go further, I'd say pimp it up with more lavish artwork on everything. Every stop on the road could have unique artwork (still easily identified by the main icon and the color of the dot). There could be discreet flourishes of color or landscape on the board. Unique details added to the landscape cards so that each panorama is unique with birds, leaping fish etc (they would still be mostly identical so that the edges match up). Pretty much anything they can pull out of the artist to make this feel like a collector's edition would be welcome.

I think the Samurai level backers should receive a different box or box sleeve, the extra and prepainted minis, and maybe an art print, but otherwise be the same as the basic collector's edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The current proposal is pretty good now. Just want a revised integrated board
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny M
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly happy with what's on offer for the Samurai tier (especially taking into account the stretch goals), but what's killing me is the additional $60 shipping to Australia, which puts the whole thing at $175.

I'm still on the fence about backing purely because of that. Yes, it's gorgeous, yes the components look top notch and yes the game has received some great reviews and seems like a good gateway game for the family... but $175 can get me an awful lot of gaming.

$150 I could probably swallow... but it's just at that point where it seems a little bonkers to put down that much on one light game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Rasmusson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Yes... I'm choo-chooing to buy board games!
badge
The bird is the word!
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m still on the fence with this one, but what would make me back it without hesitation would be:

- New Rulebook! Specifically with cleared up rules regarding characters from the base game and how they work in Crossroads

- New game board with bigger spots for the minis, and ofcourse Crossroads included on it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Timmermans
Belgium
Wellen
flag msg tools
badge
-- -- doesitplay -- --
mbmbmbmbmb
fatum wrote:
What I would like:
- Bigger board to better suit the miniatures (and the expansion attached to it)
- Actual different miniatures/characters(so not 2 miniatures for one character)
- Cards of better quality/bigger size

The last few updates gave me what I wanted so I put my money where my mouth is and backed at Samuray level
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Solo
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone reading this should check out the last updates! Its really improved. There are still some amazing stretch goals left, and just 4 days to back the project! Now is the time to jump in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.