Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Watson
Australia
Ryde
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been putting Jager and Turrets in the black standee holders but I noticed they, along with all the other markers, are printed in different directions on the back. What's up with that? Rather disappointed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you should think of the markers as diamond rather than square: the "vertical" direction is at a 45 degree angle to the sides of the square. For me, Jager has a consistent "vertical" on the two sides, which does mean that the text comes out slanted (and at 90 degrees on the two sides).

So if you just rotate the marker 45 degrees before putting it in the holder, I think it will all work.

(Of course you know not to treat the markers as "standups" regardless of whether you put it in the holder or not.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watson
Australia
Ryde
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, that makes sense and works perfectly . . . faith restored

I also wondered why the rulebook called them diamonds when it was easier to call them squares. I am enlightened.

And in regards to the latter . . . of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Watson
Australia
Ryde
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I played with Karin and Jager again last night and stood Jager up as a diamond. While it worked better, and indeed the diamond looked better too, Jager is printed facing the same direction on each side. So my original comment still stands, the markers are still printed weirdly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.